As Peter and Carla's wedding day dawns, Nina is still hard at work on Carla's dress. Fiz and Tyrone force themselves to act normally around Hope and Ruby. Faye spends her last day of freedom with Craig as they await the outcome of Ray's plea hearing. Daniel is concerned about how ill Peter looks and urges him to postpone the wedding but Peter says it's just nerves. Nina finishes the dress just in time. Seb asks Nina out but she's already made plans to go to a gig. He's disappointed when she fails to invite him. The wedding preparations remind Daniel of Sinead and how important it is to cherish your loved ones. Peter decides that he wants Daniel to come to the wedding as his best man. Elaine thinks that Brian should be told where Cathy is as he frets about her whereabouts. Daniel goes against Peter's wishes and tells Ken about the wedding. Jess Heywood congratulates Craig on his attachment with the CID. Seeing him with Faye, she reminds Craig that he must disclose to his superiors that his girlfriend has a criminal record or he could land himself in trouble. Seb worries that Nina will think he's too clingy if he asks to come along to the gig but Abi tells him to stop mucking about and let her know how he feels about her. As they reminisce about Hayley, Carla realises she can't bear to exclude Roy from the wedding and asks her to give her away again. He happily accepts. Brian starts to panic when Nessa lets him know that Cathy isn't with her. He's about to call the police when Elaine informs him where she really is. An unsuspecting Tyrone meets Fiz at the bistro and discovers she's arranged a relationship counselling session with Toyah. He goes through the motions as Toyah conducts the session. Daniel agrees to be best man but begs Peter to seek medical attention. Peter promises that he will once the ceremony is over and is annoyed that he's spoken to Ken. Craig makes it clear to Kirk that if he has to choose between the CID and Faye, he'll choose Faye. Toyah gets nowhere with Fiz and Tyrone as Bernie keeps chiming in to slag Tyrone off, considering Fiz family through Chesney. Brian barges into No.6 and asks Cathy to come home. Cathy says she's staying there whether he likes it or not. Excluded from the wedding, Tracy can't stop worrying about Peter. Peter is late arriving at the hotel for the wedding. When he and Daniel arrive, it is obvious to everyone that Peter is not well. Reading their own vows, Peter and Carla get through the ceremony as fast as possible and are declared husband and wife. Seb asks Nina if he can join her at the gig, which turns out to be a goth concert. She agrees but tells him he'll have to dress up. Craig breaks the news that Ray has pleaded not guilty to attempted rape. Faye is dismayed as she'll have to testify at his trial and even if he's convicted, it'll be too late to help her case. At No.9, Tyrone is dying to get away and calls Alina in secret. Abi has an idea on how to help Seb. Peter and Carla return to the street as a married couple. Immediately after leaving the wedding car, Peter collapses.
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Carla Barlow - Alison King
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Faye Windass - Ellie Leach
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Brian Packham - Peter Gunn
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Seb Franklin - Harry Visinoni
- Yasmeen Metcalfe - Shelley King
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Mary Taylor - Patti Clare
- Coronation Street
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and garden
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Webster's Autocentre
- Viaduct Bistro
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Victoria Gardens
- Speed Daal
- Hotel bar
- This was a one-hour episode made up of two production codes and was transmitted at 7.30pm to allow a two-hour episode of A Touch of Frost to be broadcast at 8.30pm. P694/10301 was written by Julie Jones and P694/10302 by Damon Alexis-Rochefort.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- Kate Waters was the fight arranger on this episode.
- Elaine Jones refers to Nora Batty, a character from Last of the Summer Wine who was played by former Coronation Street series regular Kathy Staff.
- TV Times synopsis: Daniel suggests that Peter postpone the wedding; and a radiant Carla appears in the cafe in her wedding dress, and asks Roy if he would do her the honour of giving her away.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,972,602 viewers (7th place).
|April 2021 episodes|
|← Thu 1st • Fri 2nd • Mon 5th (1 2) • Wed 7th (1 2) • Mon 12th (1 2)
Tue 13th • Wed 14th (1 2) • Fri 16th • Mon 19th (1 2) • Wed 21st (1 2)
Fri 23rd • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th (1 2) • Fri 30th (1 2) →