Peter starts his assessments at the transplant centre. The Barlows are asked to attend a meeting to check that they're giving Peter the support he needs. Gail is devastated that Nick has left and worries that she's now cut off from Sam as well as her son. The Platts are unsure what to tell the Barlows, who still believe that Leanne and co. are on holiday. Brian's present of a pair of earrings fails to elicit a response from Cathy on her 60th birthday, as she has too much on her mind. Tracy makes a veiled threat to Cathy when they cross paths in the street. Michael gets Ed out of the house as he awaits the results of the DNA test. Adam tells Carla that Simon has gone into hiding and they agree not to burden Peter with it until after the meeting. Daniel becomes suspicious of Carla when Sarah mentions that Lucas has cancelled a meeting with her and Carla has gone AWOL. Bernie and Brian manage to drag Cathy out to Speed Daal to lift her spirits. Daniel rallies the family ahead of the meeting, ordering them to stay away from certain topics - Adam and Carla for one - as they need to show a united front. A jubilant Cathy is set back when Dev tells her to stay away from the kebab shop for a while as the staff are getting harassed by people who think they're her. She's further upset when she opens a parcel on The Kabin doorstep containing a funeral wreath. Daniel notices Carla's shifty behaviour and tells Tracy that she might be having an affair with Lucas. Cathy believes that Tracy sent the wreath as she runs a flower shop. She refuses to call the police as she's too ashamed admit to making the nasty comment that started everything off. James opens the DNA test results for Michael when they arrive as Michael can't bring himself to do so. They reveal that Ronnie is not Michael's father. Cathy confronts Tracy about the wreath. Tracy approves of what she's going through but denies sending the wreath. Kevin takes a morose Tyrone out for a pint and tries to keep his mind off Alina. Maria catches them and calls Tyrone a disgrace for going out drinking while Fiz is soldiering on. Kevin calls Maria a hypocrite for acting holier-than-thou when she's had affairs herself. Carla and Daniel support Peter in person at the transplant centre, with Tracy, Steve and Adam joining in remotely on Zoom. Tracy makes no effort at all to be civil, making insinuations about Carla's fidelity. The co-ordinator puts the meeting on hold when it becomes clear that the family are more interested in squabbling than helping Peter. Peter asks Carla if she's hiding something from him. Michael tells Ed about the DNA test and that he's definitely his dad. Ed accuses Michael of hoping for a different result, otherwise he wouldn't have taken the test. Daniel challenges Carla about her strange behaviour and asks if she was with Lucas earlier. Carla reveals that she was actually sorting out wedding preparations, revealing their secret plans to the Barlows. She also takes the opportunity to tell Peter about Simon going into hiding. Peter is horrified and has to be convinced by his family not to go off in search of his son. Carla makes Peter see that he won't be of any help to Simon if he dies. Maria's words hit home with Tyrone, who realises he's being selfish. Ed tells Ronnie the DNA test results and tells him that they're done as brothers. Cathy's torment continues as she receives a barrage of emails telling her to rot in hell. Carla hears from Sarah that Leanne and Nick have told their estate agent to clear the flat. Peter fears that even if Simon returns, he may not survive long enough to see him.
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Carla Connor - Alison King
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Brian Packham - Peter Gunn
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Yasmeen Metcalfe - Shelley King
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- Ed Bailey - Trevor Michael Georges
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- James Bailey - Nathan Graham
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Maria Connor - Samia Longchambon
- Seb Franklin - Harry Visinoni
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Webster's Autocentre
- Underworld - Sales office
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Barlow Legal Services
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield General - Meeting room
- This hour-long episode was originally meant to air as two singles, numbered P694/10297 and P694/10298, on Monday 12th April at 7.30pm and 8.30pm respectively. Their delay to Tuesday 13th April was a knock-on effect from the cancellation of Coronation Street on Friday 9th April caused by the sudden death of Prince Philip on that date which led to the schedules being cleared for tribute programmes.
- The first half of this episode, with production code P694/10297, was written by John Kerr and directed by Lee Trevor, while David Isaac and Ian Barber respectively filled those roles on the second half, numbered P694/10298.
- The episode was transmitted on Tuesday 13th April at 8.00pm in all regions of the UK except for Scotland, due to coverage of the STV Leaders' Debate. It was eventually shown at 12.10am on Wednesday 15th April, although it was made available on the STV Player at the same time as the rest of the country.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- Barlow Legal Services appears only in the background of the Zoom call with Adam Barlow.
- TV Times synopsis: A nervous Peter reveals he has an appointment at the transplant centre; and Michael explains to James that he went ahead with the DNA test. (First half) Peter, Daniel and Carla attend a meeting with the transplant coordinator; and Kevin does his best to cheer up Tyrone over a pint. (Second half)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 4,909,351 viewers (21st place - This was the lowest rated episode of Coronation Street ever transmitted).
|April 2021 episodes|
|← Thu 1st • Fri 2nd • Mon 5th (1 2) • Wed 7th (1 2) • Mon 12th (1 2)
Tue 13th • Wed 14th (1 2) • Fri 16th • Mon 19th (1 2) • Wed 21st (1 2)
Fri 23rd • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th (1 2) • Fri 30th (1 2) →