Arriving back home, Peter tries to look on positive side of his consultation. A miserable Nick fills Sarah and David in on why Leanne has to move away, therefore forcing him to choose between her and Sam. Ready to leave, a tearful Simon wants to say a proper goodbye to his dad. Leanne gives her blessing to go and speak to him. Steve calls in the corner shop and asks Dev to stop poaching The Kabin’s business. He has to admit that Tracy doesn’t know he’s forgiven Cathy. Simon finds Peter in Victoria Gardens and they make their peace. Not giving away the fact that the move could be permanent, Simon agrees to stay with him and Carla in their new place when his “holiday” is over. Nick snaps at Natasha when she makes a disparaging remark about Leanne’s parenting skills. Todd cajoles Eileen into inviting George round for his tea. George is thrilled. Gemma and Cathy apologise to each other and restart their friendship. Nick stops Leanne and Simon leaving for the train station, saying he needs time to pack as he’s coming with them. He assures them that Sam will be fine. Mary teases Eileen that she’s getting flustered about George. Steve calls in The Kabin and tells Brian and Cathy that he’s had a word with Dev and wants all the nastiness to end. About to delete all her social media accounts, Cathy’s horrified to read some even more vicious messages and threats. Peter breaks the news to Carla that his last hope is a liver transplant, but nothing will stand in the way of their wedding. George flatters Eileen when he joins her, Todd and Billy for a pre-meal drinks in the Rovers but she’s furious when she finds that his flowers contain a “rest in peace” card and she realises he grabbed them hurriedly from the funeral office. She bins George and the flowers away. Nick says a sad goodbye to Sam but Natasha is livid with him for letting their son down. Carla is staying on at the factory, at Nick’s request, but she’s unaware about his departure. Peter’s delighted when she presents him with the rings for their secret wedding next week. Sam waves a forlorn goodbye as Nick drives off with Leanne and Simon.
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Carla Connor - Alison King
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Todd Grimshaw - Gareth Pierce
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Natasha Blakeman - Rachel Leskovac
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Mary Taylor - Patti Clare
- Brian Packham - Peter Gunn
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Underworld - Sales office
- Viaduct Bistro
- Victoria Street
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Shuttleworth's Independent Funeral Services
- Victoria Gardens
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- Both this episode and the previous episode were produced with the intention of them being transmitted as a one-hour instalment on Friday 9th April at 7.30pm, however the sudden death of Prince Philip which had occurred earlier that same day led to the schedules being cleared for tribute programmes. An extra one-hour episode was shown on Tuesday 13th April.
- TV Times synopsis: Nick fills Sarah and David in on why Leanne has to move away and so forces him to choose between her and Sam; Peter is stunned when the consultant reveals he may not be eligible for a liver transplant; and Steve asks Dev to stop stealing the Kabin's business.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,461,170 viewers (14th place).
|April 2021 episodes|
|← Thu 1st • Fri 2nd • Mon 5th (1 2) • Wed 7th (1 2) • Mon 12th (1 2)
Tue 13th • Wed 14th (1 2) • Fri 16th • Mon 19th (1 2) • Wed 21st (1 2)
Fri 23rd • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th (1 2) • Fri 30th (1 2) →