Harvey tells Leanne he was set up. She denies it was her who told the police, saying Simon’s arrest is proof of her innocence. He accepts her statement, but now thinks it was Simon instead and makes threats against him. She’s forced to admit it was her. Cathy assures Gemma that she deeply regrets her online comments, but Gemma’s unforgiving and tells her to stay away in future. Harvey takes a terrified Leanne down to his car. They are suddenly surrounded by armed police. He swears revenge before he is taken away. Carla walks into an annoyed Sarah’s meeting with Lucas. Sarah suggests that with Nick back at the factory, she’s superfluous to requirements. Carla agrees and offers to terminate her contract. Peter spots Lucas getting into a taxi. George complains to Eileen that Todd has wound him up all day with new ideas for the business. She’s offended on her son’s behalf. Chesney has a go at Tyrone and Alina in the street. DS Glynn asks Leanne for a statement and offers her witness protection. An incredulous Dev is staggered to be questioned about his chip shop being a front for drug deals. Simon is brought home. Roy shows Cathy abusive online messages that Alex has received for standing up for his aunt. Simon accepts that he and his mum might have to go into hiding. Eileen counsels Todd to be patient in his new role. He’s intrigued to realise George fancies her. Toyah storms into the flat, demanding to know what’s going on with Simon being arrested. Leanne comes clean to her sister about everything. Carla is amused to find that Steve and Peter have enjoyed a genteel afternoon tea together. Carla assures Peter she wants nothing to do with Lucas and is quitting the factory to concentrate on him. Tyrone tells Alina how much she means to him, but she makes it clear that nothing can ever happen between them. Amy is upset to hear that Alex has been crying at the hate directed against him. A tearful Leanne confides in Toyah that she and Simon are moving away as it’s the only way she can ensure his safety.
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Todd Grimshaw - Gareth Pierce
- Carla Connor - Alison King
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Alina Pop - Ruxandra Porojnicu
- George Shuttleworth - Tony Maudsley
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Coronation Street
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- Underworld - Sales office
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Shuttleworth's Independent Funeral Services
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- Although originally scheduled, no episode was shown on Friday 9th April to allow for continuing coverage of the death of Prince Philip which had occurred earlier that day.
- TV Times synopsis: Leanne tells Toyah that she and Simon are moving away; and Cathy apologises for her comments.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,978,875 viewers (7th place).
|April 2021 episodes|
|← Thu 1st • Fri 2nd • Mon 5th (1 2) • Wed 7th (1 2) • Mon 12th (1 2)
Tue 13th • Wed 14th (1 2) • Fri 16th • Mon 19th (1 2) • Wed 21st (1 2)
Fri 23rd • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th (1 2) • Fri 30th (1 2) →