Ronnie introduces Kat to Ed as his business partner, the pair never having met before. Grace uses the office phone to call Ronnie for help after her own phone dies on her. Debbie attempts to wipe the stain off the dress. Abi "helps" by throwing a glass of Prosecco over it, which only makes matters worse. The Baileys rush to the hospital. Grace angrily thrusts her shopping receipt at the security guard when he has the nerve to visit her to apologise. Ronnie accuses the man of racial profiling. Cathy decides she'd like to help Steve with his fundraising efforts. The doctors are unable to stop Grace's contractions so she has to have the baby ten weeks early. Tyrone lets Alina work on her car with him. Michael is furious with Ronnie for letting Grace down and calls him a waste of time. Nick takes Simon and Sam out for a meal at Speed Daal. The boys agree to put what happened with Jacob behind them. Ed is surprised by how emotional Ronnie is at the day's events. Unable to stand the secrecy any longer, Ronnie admits that he cheated on his wife Ruth with Aggie 31 years ago, before she'd met Ed. He admits that he suspects Michael is his son and that, having missed out on being a father, he needs to know the truth so that he can be a granddad. Rocked by his brother's revelations, Ed tells him to stay away from him. Abi takes the dress situation more seriously when Debbie tells her that the frock cost £5,000. Cathy pitches her fundraising ideas to Tracy, including a barn dance. Tracy says she'd rather stick pins in her eyes and tells her to donate to the crowdfunder if she wants to help. Fiz makes an appointment with Adam to put her and Tyrone's affairs in order. Debbie discovers that the dress was a sample and comes at no charge. She and Abi make up as they see the funny side. Ed makes a video call to Aggie asking her if what Ronnie said was true. She admits that she was with Ronnie for a while but insists that Michael is his. Grace gives birth to a girl.
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Alina Pop - Ruxandra Porojnicu
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Grace Vickers - Kate Spencer
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Ed Bailey - Trevor Michael Georges
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Sam Blakeman - Jude Riordan
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Aggie Bailey - Lorna Laidlaw
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- Aggie Bailey appears only in a video call with Ed as seen on his mobile phone.
- The exterior of the main building at MediaCity studios doubles as the main entrance to Weatherfield General.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the birth of Glory Bailey takes place entirely off-screen, with Michael Bailey passing the news onto Ed, Aggie and Ronnie Bailey afterwards. The character's on-screen debut would not take place until 14th May 2021.
- TV Times synopsis: Kat is stung when Ronnie introduces her to Ed as his business partner; and Cathy reveals she'd like to do more to help Steve with his fundraising, but Tracy gives her short shrift.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 5,599,168 viewers (12th place).
|March 2021 episodes|
|← Mon 1st (1 2) • Wed 3rd (1 2) • Fri 5th • Mon 8th (1 2)
Wed 10th (1 2) • Fri 12th • Mon 15th (1 2) • Wed 17th (1 2) • Fri 19th
Mon 22nd (1 2) • Wed 24th (1 2) • Fri 26th • Mon 29th (1 2) →