Part One: Sean is excited to receive a text from Dylan saying he's looking forward to coming up for the Easter holidays. Todd warns him about spending too much on the boy while he's staying with them. A clearly weakened Peter refuses Carla's offer to take the day off work and stay with him. Steve does his paperwork in No.1 to keep him company. Leanne's delight upon finding Simon knuckling down to his course work is short-lived when Jacob turns up and whisks him away, despite her objections. Tyrone's awkward when Alina mentions being in his yoga class in front of an amused Fiz. Steve reluctantly agrees to Peter doing a few shifts on the Street Cars switch to alleviate his boredom. Todd complains about No.11 being crowded when Dylan arrives. Kirk gives Sean the cold shoulder for his treatment of Gemma. Alya gently voices doubts to Yasmeen about moving Elaine into No.6. Yasmeen insists they share a unique bond and can lean on each other. Rhydian arrives and tells Sean he's not willing to lose him. As he gives him the hard sell, Sean takes in Rhydian's fancy clothes and flash car, and promises to give him a final answer tomorrow. Nick again has to pick up an upset Sam early from school and wonders what caused the change in his behaviour. Carla has to keep quiet about what she knows about Jacob and his effects on Simon and Sam. Peter stumbles as he comes out of the cafe, upsetting Simon who witnesses the incident.
Part Two: Attending a business meeting with Carla, Lucas offers her a sympathetic ear. His words strike a chord as he shares his experience of living with an addict. Seeing how upset Simon is, Ken takes him to the cafe for a chat. Lucas takes Carla to the Rovers where his words about playing second fiddle to an addictive substance resonate. Simon doesn't open up to Ken, claiming everything is fine with him. To Alya's supressed annoyance, Elaine brings Tinkerbell with her when she moves in. Tyrone is uncomfortable when Fiz teases him about fancying Alina. Peter fails to show up for his shift on the switch. Steve's furious to find him at No.1 slurring and stumbling all over the place. Kirk slips on some liquid in the packing area, injuring himself. Sean's alarmed to realise it's leaked out of one of his Double Glammy boxes. As Steve accuses him of drinking, Peter struggles to speak to ask him for help. Disgusted with him, Steve bars the exits to prevent him leaving.
- Todd Grimshaw - Gareth Pierce
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Carla Connor - Alison King
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Alina Pop - Ruxandra Porojnicu
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Yasmeen Metcalfe - Shelley King
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Jacob Hay - Jack James Ryan
- Rhydian Chivers - Haydn Holden
- Lucas Kempton - Glen Wallace
- Elaine Jones - Paula Wilcox
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Underworld - Sales office, machine area and packing area
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Speed Daal
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- TV Times synopsis: Peter lets Steve down; and Ken offers Simon a sympathetic ear.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 6,813,038 viewers (8th place).
|March 2021 episodes|
|← Mon 1st (1 2) • Wed 3rd (1 2) • Fri 5th • Mon 8th (1 2)
Wed 10th (1 2) • Fri 12th • Mon 15th (1 2) • Wed 17th (1 2) • Fri 19th
Mon 22nd (1 2) • Wed 24th (1 2) • Fri 26th • Mon 29th (1 2) →