Dev has decorated the house for the twins' sixteenth birthday with banners, balloons and old family photographs. Aadi and Asha are more impatient to see their promised big surprise. Ken is pleased when Peter tells him that he's going to one of his addicts' meetings. The twins are underwhelmed with their big present - their initials added to the corner shop sign. Aadi and Simon commiserate with each other about their useless fathers. Peter rails at Adam for telling Ken about the legal document, declaring it's his life and he'll die on his own terms. Most of No.4's belongings are now packed into boxes. DS Willets calls and asks Tim about the rucksack found in Gary's possession, revealing it contained the weapon used in the attack on Adam. Nina and Roy wish Asha a Happy Birthday when she calls into the cafe and Nina presents her with a cake. Asha is wearing her choker. Awash with guilt, and fearing he drove Peter to this, Adam reveals to Carla that Peter plans to refuse a transplant. Tim summons Sally home from work and tells her about the visit from Willets. He worries that Faye hasn't been herself recently and he's concerned she might have something to do with the weapon. Sally counsels him to talk to her before the police do. Corey meets Asha in the cafe. He mocks her choker, suggesting it would be better suited on a dog. Embarrassed, she takes it off as Yasmeen watches on with concern at his controlling manner. Jenny visits Johnny, annoyed that he's still not being honest with her about his condition. He's concerned that Daisy is stirring things up between them. With Corey gone, Yasmeen approaches and tentatively suggests to Asha that she shouldn't let herself be spoken to like that. Asha hides her upset but Nina makes it clear she shares Yasmeen's concerns. Carla calls on Peter at the Rovers. He isn't pleased when she starts talking about the transplant. Simon's pleased to see Leanne up and dressed and hopes she's turning a corner when she talks about taking a walk on the Red Rec. Carla can smell alcohol on Peter, and he produces a near-empty vodka bottle, taking a large swig from it.
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Aadi Alahan - Adam Hussain
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Carla Connor - Alison King
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Yasmeen Metcalfe - Shelley King
- Johnny Connor - Richard Hawley
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Back room, hallway and yard
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Underworld - Sales office and breakout area
- Roy's Rolls
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Highfield Prison - Visiting area
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- In this episode and the next, Aadi and Asha Alahan are shown to be celebrating their sixteenth birthdays when their births were depicted in Episode 6205 (13th January 2006), fifteen years earlier.
- When wishing Asha Alahan a Happy Birthday, Roy Cropper quotes two lines from Alexander Pope's 1723 poem to Martha Blount ("Mrs. B."): "Is that a Birthday? 'tis alas! too clear, 'Tis but the funeral of the former year."
- TV Times synopsis: Adam tells Carla that Peter plans to refuse a transplant; the twins are underwhelmed with Dev's present; and a police officer questions Tim about the rucksack found in Gary's possession.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 6,573,900 viewers (9th place).
|January 2021 episodes|
|← Fri 1st • Mon 4th (1 2) • Wed 6th • Fri 8th (1 2)
Mon 11th (1 2) • Wed 13th (1 2) • Fri 15th • Mon 18th (1 2) • Wed 20th (1 2)
Fri 22nd • Mon 25th (1 2) • Wed 27th (1 2) • Fri 29th →