Hilda doesn't have any basic foods in the Corner Shop, which turns the customers away. Ken annoys Val when he doesn't like her attempt at a new look with a maxi skirt. Frank and Judd Johnson work on a stolen Mini at the Canal Garage. Bet isn't pleased to see that Frank is back with Judd. Hilda and Betty bicker over the shop as customers boycott her to go to Cissie Battersby's. Billy calls at the garage and realises Frank and Judd are ringing the car with false plates, log book and paint job. He throws them out. Ken advises Billy to go to the police but he refuses. Val tells Bet about the incident. Frank sells the car. Bet lies to Frank that the police are onto him and hides him in the flat, telling Judd to scarper. Ken realises that Val has warned Bet. Hilda refuses to back down and let Betty take over the shop. She decides to hold a bargain sale. Billy agrees not to tell the police when Bet tells him she'll keep Frank straight.
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room and kitchen
- Canal Garage
- Tommy Boyle makes one of several pre-Phil Jennings appearances as Frank Bradley.
- The scene on the Grape Street set was OB recorded.
- TV Times synopsis: Shopping can be a lot of bother - especially if you're "shopping" a friend.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,250,000 homes (joint 1st place with Episode 1013).
|October 1970 episodes|
|← Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th →