Johnny and Scott discuss a crime they committed in their youth when a security guard was injured. Johnny expresses his regret that Scott was arrested and did time for it, while his name was kept out of it. He sighs with relief when Scott promises that he isn't after revenge. Daniel asks Adam to represent Nicky after she's arrested for assault. Billy tells Sean that the body pulled out of the canal was a man in his 50s, so can't have been Todd. He can't stop thinking about the victim, a man wearing a security uniform. Adam learns that Nicky has been released without charge. While he's at the police station, he finds out from the duty solicitor that Nicky is a prostitute. Geoff is fed up with being marginalised at Speed Daal and pushes to buy cheaper ingredients and start selling alcohol as a way of recouping money lost due to the pandemic. Alya shoots down his ideas. Scott has dinner with the Connors when Jenny invites him. Abi finds the meeting helpful and is grateful to Peter for pushing her. Debbie's suspicions are aroused when she makes an obvious lie as to where she's been. Nicky tells Daniel that she doesn't need protecting and to stay away from her. Daniel begs her not to freeze him out, as the pain of Sinead's death goes away when he's with her. Tracy interrupts them and Daniel passes Nicky off as a friend from uni. Johnny squirms as Scott tells Jenny about the scrapes they got up to in their youth. Tracy doesn't believe that Daniel and Nicky aren't dating. The situation becomes even more awkward when Adam arrives and recognises Nicky. Nicky rushes off while Daniel is changing Bertie. As he chases after her, she tells him to get proper help and not to contact her again. Adam lets Daniel know what Nicky does for a living and is shocked to find that he already knows. He's perplexed by Daniel's claim that they're friends. Geoff changes Speed Daal's supplier and applies for an alcohol licence, overruling Alya. Alya's horrified when he drops the bombshell that Yasmeen gave him power of attorney months ago so he can act on her behalf.
- Johnny Connor - Richard Hawley
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Geoff Metcalfe - Ian Bartholomew
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- Carla Connor - Alison King
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Back room, hallway and kitchen
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 19a Rosamund Street - Living room/kitchen
- Victoria Street
- Barlow Legal Services
- Speed Daal
- Weatherfield Police Station - Reception and exterior
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- TV Times synopsis: Johnny's past returns to haunt him when Scott tells Jenny all about the crime they committed more than 40 years ago; and temperatures rise at Speed Daal.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 6,610,586 viewers (4th place).
|August 2020 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th
Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st
Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Mon 31st →