Jenny is still cold towards Johnny after he has spent the night in the spare bed. She goes out to treat herself, leaving Johnny to clean the bar. Abi calls Peter and assures him she’ll be at the meeting later. As Kevin and Debbie come in, she quickly kills the call. Debbie offers to cook lunch, suggesting they should get to know each other better. Abi has little choice but to accept. Alya is pleased that Yasmeen is recovering well from her surgery. Daniel leaves another message for Nicky. Jenny bumps into Scott and tells him that Johnny is back, but that their marriage is under strain. He offers to speak to him on her behalf, giving her food for thought when he tells her that Johnny is a decent bloke who’s worth keeping. Having had the lunch, Debbie questions Abi about her relationship with her brother. Abi leaves as quickly as she can to go to the meeting. Adam refuses to let Daniel leave early from work but organises a bistro takeaway as recompense. Johnny tries to win Jenny round assuring her that he needed time alone and it won’t happen again but she’s annoyed that he’s shutting her out. Billy is concerned when Sean tells him he’s been searching through a missing persons database of unidentified bodies looking for Todd. Alya delights in telling Geoff that her gran has recovered well and is fighting fit, ready to take him on. Sean discovers from a chat forum that a man’s body was found in the river yesterday. Daniel goes into the bistro where Baz, a friend of Ray’s is waiting for a date with Nicky. The two catch sight of each other. The strain begins to tell on Geoff when he smashes up his malfunctioning vacuum cleaner. Scott tells Johnny it is about time they had a proper chat. Johnny leads him into the backroom with trepidation. Ray thinks he recognises Nicky from The Waterway hotel. Getting a chance to talk to her, Daniel offers to pay double to spend time with her. She tells him to leave her alone. Finding out that she is a sexual escort, Baz is furious and walks out on her, refusing to pay her fee. An argument breaks out in the street, just as the police arrive. Nicky yells at Daniel to leave her alone. Scott demands to know what Johnny thought when he saw he was back in his life. He insists they begin to discuss the secret that the two of them share.
- Johnny Connor - Richard Hawley
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Geoff Metcalfe - Ian Bartholomew
- Ray Crosby - Mark Frost
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen and hallway
- Underworld - Breakout area
- Viaduct Street
- Viaduct Bistro
- 19a Rosamund Street - Living room/kitchen
- Barlow Legal Services
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- TV Times synopsis: Johnny tries to win Jenny around, assuring her that he needed time alone, but Scott tells him it is about time they had a proper chat; and Daniel encounters Nicky while out with a client.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 6,813,232 viewers (3rd place).
|August 2020 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th
Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st
Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Mon 31st →