Kevin has brought Abi home, her arm in a sling. He is concerned that she is too quiet, but she insists she's fine and the twins are going to have better life now. When his back's turned, she gets the morphine out of her bag. Sean worries about Todd and that they might have let Eileen down if anything has happened to her son. An excited Gemma opens her 30th birthday present of a toaster from Chesney. A happy Paul also opens his cards and presents from Billy and Summer. He tells Billy he's worried about Gemma and if she is depressed again. Knowing about the surprise party, Billy tries to divert his thoughts. Billy confides in Paul how much he and Sean are worried about Todd. Peter and Carla plan a holiday in the Greek islands. Johnny returns unexpectedly from France. He hears that Scott has gone from the B&B but is renting a place close by. Carla is suspicious of the relationship between Johnny and Scott. With Nicky too busy to see Daniel, she suggests he calls her mate Cherry. Billy tells Sean they've no option but to go to the police. Abi knocks back a slug of morphine just as Peter arrives to check on her, stuffing it in her bag. He guesses what she's done but, though she admits stealing the morphine, she insists she hasn't used it on herself. Paul calls at No.5 with a present for Gemma and suggests they go for a walk. When she refuses, making out she's far too busy with the quads, Bernie goes with him instead. Billy and Sean report Todd to the police as a missing person. Peter leaves No.13 and Abi discovers that he's swiped the morphine from her bag. Daniel rings Cherry and makes arrangements to meet her. Paul returns home to discover Gemma has arranged a surprise party for him. Craig tells Sean and Billy that the police interviewed Todd about Summer's abduction and released him with no knowledge of his present whereabouts. Abi confronts Peter in the Rovers' back yard. He pours the morphine down a drain, much to her anger. Hearing her shouting, Johnny emerges from the back and asks what's going on.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Abi Franklin - Sally Carman
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Mary Taylor - Patti Clare
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- Summer Spellman - Matilda Freeman
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Paul Foreman - Peter Ash
- Carla Connor - Alison King
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Johnny Connor - Richard Hawley
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Back room and yard
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen and hallway
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- Underworld - Factory floor and breakout area
- 19a Rosamund Street - Living room/kitchen
- Victoria Street
- Weatherfield Police Station - Exterior
- The Waterway - Lounge
- First appearance of Johnny Connor since 22nd April 2020.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- TV Times synopsis: Peter gets in the way of Abi's morphine fix; and, desperately worried about Todd, Sean searches various social media sites hoping for clues - but is left frustrated.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 6,910,597 viewers (2nd place).
|August 2020 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th
Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st
Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Mon 31st →