Gary is unconscious on Rosamund Street as Sarah pleads with him to wake up. Having witnessed the whole incident, Tyrone runs for Dr Gaddas while the panicked driver speeds off. Gary comes round, saying everything he's done he did for Sarah. She can't understand why he saved her life when she knew all his dirty secrets. She sobs as he answers that he never loved anyone like he did her. Geoff assures Tim that Tessa was his mother and that Alya and Yasmeen must have paid Elaine to act the part. Taken to hospital, Gary is rushed into surgery. Adam and a panicking Maria arrive and Sarah describes how she was on her phone, stepped out in front of a car and Gary saved her life. Adam's face conveys his doubts about his wife's words. Ed’s miserable about being unable to celebrate his anniversary with Aggie by his side. Michael has an idea to lift his spirits. Tim tells Sally about the visit from the woman. Sally wonders if Geoff’s the one telling lies, unable to reason why Alya would do something so strange. Tyrone arrives at the hospital, saying how he saw Sarah running. Adam and Maria ask Sarah why his description of the event doesn't match her words and she gabbles out that she was running as she was in a hurry to pick up Harry. Adam doesn't believe her. Alya and Elaine meet up secretly in Speed Daal. Alya implores the scared woman not to leave as she’s their only hope of securing Yasmeen’s freedom. Gary is out of surgery after a successful operation. Sarah leaves before the police can question her. Geoff is staggered to see Elaine walking down Coronation Street but she's gone before he can recover his composure and confront her. He tries to find her in the Rovers where his strange manner upsets Jenny. Dressed in his best clothes, Ed sits down to a virtual anniversary dinner with Aggie in her hotel via video call. Sarah and Adam make up. Geoff watches Elaine going into the tram station. Gary comes round. Maria tells him he's a hero for what he did.
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Gary Windass - Mikey North
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Geoff Metcalfe - Ian Bartholomew
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Maria Connor - Samia Longchambon
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- James Bailey - Nathan Graham
- Ed Bailey - Trevor Michael Georges
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Alya Nazir- Sair Khan
- Jenny Connor - Sally Ann Matthews
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Aggie Bailey - Lorna Laidlaw
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Speed Daal
- Victoria Gardens
- Weatherfield General - A&E reception and Gary's room
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this episode was made with social distancing rules being observed by both cast and production crew, even when they were playing family members or people who shared residences.
- Lorna Laidlaw's appearance as Aggie Bailey was only on the video call with Ed.
- Lloyd Bass was the stunt driver for the scene where the car which knocked over Gary Windass speeds away. He was given lines of dialogue for the scene in question.
- TV Times synopsis: Gary fights for his life; Alya implores Elaine not to leave as she is the only hope of securing Yasmeen's freedom; and Ed sits down to a virtual anniversary dinner with Aggie via video call.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 6,896,795 viewers (1st place).
|July 2020 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th
Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Fri 17th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd
Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st →