Dr Ward informs Leanne and Steve that Oliver has an incurable form of mitochondrial disease. They're devastated as they take in the news that their son has a life limiting condition. Toyah and Imran's meeting with social worker Karen Glen goes well and they're given a date of 10th July to face the panel. Leanne demands a second opinion on the diagnosis. Toyah and Imran share their news with Ryan, Alya and Craig. Craig decides to move back in with Beth, giving their foster child a room at the flat. Still under the impression that Oliver is getting better, Toyah makes plans to tell Leanne about their fostering application so that she can give them a reference. Alina uses oil to release Emma's hand from the vase. Dr Ash checks Oliver's results and reaches the same conclusion as Dr Ward. She recommends that Leanne and Steve think of something to tell Oliver to explain the seizures and hospital visits. Leanne still won't accept the diagnosis and plans to consult a doctor from a different hospital. Nick rings Toyah with the news. Steve is a broken man, resigned to the fact that Oliver won't live a full life. Alina is about to head off to meet Seb when Liz calls at the flat to tell Emma the news about her brother. She asks Alina to stay in order to comfort her flatmate. Afterwards, Alina has a flash of guilt and rings Seb telling him not to ask her out again. Leanne starts lashing out at the people around her, telling Toyah that she can't miss what she never had. Fiz fears she and Tyrone and turning into Jack and Vera when she catches him watching TV in his vest. Tyrone proves her wrong by suggesting they go out for a romantic dinner tomorrow night. Toyah insists that the fostering be put on hold as it'd be cruel to Leanne to carry on. Leanne obsessively watches the video of Oliver at the petting zoo over and over. She tells Nick she wishes that Oliver had been his, finally accepting that they're going to lose him.
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Seb Franklin - Harry Visinoni
- Oliver Battersby - Emmanuel & Jeremiah Cheetham (Uncredited)
- Dr Ward - Zita Sattar
- Karen Glen - Angela Hazeldine
- Alina Pop - Ruxandra Porojnicu
- Dr Ash - Ffion Jolly
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- 19a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Dr Ward's office, Dr Ash's office and corridor
- This episode, transmitted at 7.30pm, was the only episode shown on this date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This led to a temporary cessation of the programme's production which began on 23rd March, and a scaling back on the transmission of previously recorded episodes from six to three a week which began from 30th March onwards.
- This episode was produced with the intention of it being transmitted on Monday 11th May at 8.30pm.
- TV Times synopsis: Toyah and Imran celebrate some promising feedback; and Alina's loyalty to Emma is tested.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 7,324,577 viewers (1st place).
|June 2020 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th
Fri 12th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Fri 19th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th →