Chelsey reminds Carla that she stayed in her squat last year. Carla doesn't remember as it was during the period where she went missing. The factory staff don't approve of Sally's neutral stance, viewing Geoff as a victim. Adam leaves Laura his business card and offers to help her chase Rick for maintenance. Chelsey alleges that Carla flushed drugs down the toilet and she paid the price when the dealer asked for them back. She demands £1,000 in compensation. Geoff tells Tim he can't afford the wedding any more. He starts to manipulate Tim, saying he understands him backing his wife over him. Tim assures his dad that he has his full confidence. Ken invites Daniel to join the VE-Day committee as a way of getting him out and about. Tim takes Geoff to the Rovers, where Sally declines an offer to sit with them. Chelsey puts more pressure on Carla, threatening to tell Peter what she did to survive on the street. Carla doesn't know what she's talking about and refuses to give in to blackmail. Geoff tries to guilt Sally into backing him by claiming that their disagreement is affecting Tim's health. He attempts to dismiss her sympathy for Yasmeen as a result of being wrongly imprisoned herself. Gary sees Laura dropping Kelly off at Summer's and asks what she's doing in the area. He's not pleased to learn that they're only living round the corner. Laura says it's all she can afford without Rick's maintenance money. Carla tells Peter about Chelsey and asks him not to interfere. He immediately offers Chelsey £20 to get lost, finding her hanging about outside the Rovers. She refuses it and summons her partner. Daniel is disappointed when Adam cancels their boys' night in and finds himself talking to Sinead's framed photo. Peter doesn't think Chelsey poses a threat as they can call the police if she tries anything. Carla would rather people didn't know she was involved with drug dealers. She's upset that everything she went through last year is being dredged up again.
- Carla Connor - Alison King
- Izzy Armstrong - Cherylee Houston
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Kelly Neelan - Millie Gibson
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Gary Windass - Mikey North
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Geoff Metcalfe - Ian Bartholomew
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Daniel Osbourne - Rob Mallard
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room, hallway and ladies toilets
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- Underworld - Factory floor
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Last appearance of Izzy Armstrong until 21st April 2021.
- This episode, transmitted at 7.30pm, was the only episode shown on this date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This led to a temporary cessation of the programme's production which began on 23rd March, and a scaling back on the transmission of previously recorded episodes from six to three a week which began from 30th March onwards.
- This episode was produced with the intention of it being transmitted on Monday 4th May at 8.30pm.
- TV Times synopsis: Sally refuses to sit with Tim and Geoff in the pub; and Daniel is thrilled when Adam offers to spend his birthday with him and Bertie. (This latter plot point did not occur in the episode)
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 7,215,970 viewers (3rd place).
|June 2020 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th
Fri 12th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Fri 19th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th →