David runs into the grounds of a warehouse where a security guard sees him being pursued by the youths and rings the police. David manages to hide on the stacks. Leanne starts to panic as Dr Ward examines Oliver, saying his catatonic state can be a normal response. She runs more tests. Chesney thinks the vlog video is excellent but Gemma’s still unsure about posting it. Sat on Chesney’s knee, Bryn plays with the keyboard and presses the enter key, uploading the video. Chesney hides the fact from Gemma and rushes to work. Alice is perturbed as Clayton sees an opportunity with Shona’s fractured memory and runs rings around her, getting her to agree to bring in various things for him. David emerges from hiding. The lads catch him and start to rough him up as the police arrive and arrest them all. Tommy tells James that most of the lads are supportive of him. James is worried that he’s not yet been told if he’s been selected for tomorrow’s game. A furious Gemma looks for Cathy, thinking that she posted the video. Chesney has to explain what happened. Liz and Tracy arrive at the hospital to the news that Oliver may has possible permanent brain damage. Clayton tells lies about David, saying he was a drunk and violent. When Alice intervenes and Clayton insults her and his mother, Shona becomes distraught and walks out. Dr Ward confirms brain damage that has affected Oliver’s eyesight and he may have permanent problems. Leanne goes into a state of denial about the matter. Gemma is delighted to see positive online comments about her vlog. David is let go. Craig berates him for his actions. David is worried that he went too far and almost got seriously hurt. Not knowing that James thinks he’s got dropped, Ed tells the family they’re going to the bistro for a free meal that Ray offered. Craig tells Sarah what David did. She approaches her brother but he’s not interested in discussion, saying he’s going to give up on Shona. Leanne makes plans for the future, not admitting the truth about Oliver. Steve tries to bring her down to earth but she won’t listen. She’s delighted when Oliver speaks to her. James is relieved to get a call saying he’s on the team. Gemma makes another video, filled with cheer and advice about coping with depression. The family see that Leanne is not being realistic about Oliver. Sarah visits Shona who is utterly confused about what she remembers of her past. She tells her about her relationship with David, and how she helped him through his rape ordeal. She asks Shona to help her brother again and begs her to come back home.
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Shona Platt - Julia Goulding
- James Bailey - Nathan Graham
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- Ed Bailey - Trevor Michael Georges
- Aggie Bailey - Lorna Laidlaw
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Oliver Battersby - Emmanuel & Jeremiah Cheetham (Uncredited)
- Bryn Winter-Brown - Charlotte & James Holt and Arthur, Lily & Lucy Taylor (Uncredited)
- Youth - Daniel Ogbeide-John
- Dr Ward - Zita Sattar
- Clayton Hibbs - Callum Harrison
- Alice Manley - Buckso Dhillon-Woolley
- Tommy Orpington - Matt Milburn
- Ray Crosby - Mark Frost
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Viaduct Bistro
- Prima Doner
- Weatherfield General - Children's intensive care and Dr Ward's office
- Weatherfield Police Station - Exterior
- Rehab facility, Leeds - Quiet room
- HMP Stoneway - Visiting room
- This episode, transmitted at 7.30pm, was the only episode shown on this date due to the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic. This led to a temporary cessation of the programme's production which began on 23rd March, and a scaling back on the transmission of previously recorded episodes from six to three a week which began from 30th March onwards.
- This episode was produced with the intention of it being transmitted as the second half of an hour-long episode on Friday 24th April at 7.30pm.
- One of the youths, a police officer and a prison officer are uncredited, but all have lines of dialogue.
- Kate Waters was credited as the fight arranger for the scene where David Platt is attacked by the group of youths.
- TV Times synopsis: David is chased by an angry mob and cornered in an alleyway; the doctor warns Leanne that Oliver may have suffered brain damage; and Chesney urges Gemma to share her vlog online.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 6,978,523 viewers (3rd place).
|May 2020 episodes|
|← Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th
Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th
Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th →