Leanne and Steve keep a vigil at Oliver's bedside. They've resisted the temptation to Google mitochondrial disease. Aggie tells the Baileys they've to be at the reopening of the bistro as she wants to show Tianna off to some friends of hers. James reveals he isn't playing tonight as he's been dropped from the squad. Tyrone takes the mickey when he catches Evelyn and Arthur having breakfast together at No.9. Evelyn snappily asserts that he just popped in on his way to an appointment at the medical centre. Leanne blames herself for not noticing sooner that Oliver had a problem. Steve can't take any more waiting and looks up the disease online. He finds out that there are different strains, and some people who have it live full lives. Gemma is perkier than she's been for ages thanks to the support group. Steve presses Dr Ward for a proper diagnosis and loses his rag over how slow things are progressing. He's convinced the doctors know more than they're saying but Leanne tells him to behave himself. Michael urges Ed to ease up on James. Sean suggests that Gemma record a vlog and share her experience online, remembering how it helped him to hear stories from people who'd been living on the streets when he was homeless. Evelyn tells Tyrone and Fiz that Arthur is just a friend. Sean and Cathy help Gemma record her vlog, where she slams Freshco's ad campaign and the company for not accepting her. As Leanne and Steve reminisce over Oliver's childhood, Nick accuses them of acting like the boy just has a cold. Leanne feels he's given up on Oliver and tells him to go.
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- Aggie Bailey - Lorna Laidlaw
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- Ed Bailey - Trevor Michael Georges
- James Bailey - Nathan Graham
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Oliver Battersby - Emmanuel & Jeremiah Cheetham (Uncredited)
- Bryn, Carys & Llio Winter-Brown - Charlotte & James Holt and Arthur, Lily & Lucy Taylor (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Prima Doner
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield General - Children's intensive care and Dr Ward's office
- This episode, transmitted at 7.30pm, was the only episode shown on this date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This led to a temporary cessation of the programme's production which began on 23rd March, and a scaling back on the transmission of previously recorded episodes from six to three a week which began from 30th March onwards.
- This episode was produced with the intention of it being transmitted on Wednesday 22nd April at 7.30pm.
- Due to time constraints before the MediaCity studios were locked down, the end credits for this episode were not remade but instead used that originally intended for both this and the next episode. This means that the following were credited but did not appear: Don (Philip Broadbent), Toyah Battersby (Georgia Taylor), Grace Vickers (Kate Spencer), Ray Crosby (Mark Frost), Faye Windass (Ellie Leach), Dev Alahan (Jimmi Harkishin), Abi Franklin (Sally Carman), and Kevin Webster (Michael Le Vell).
- TV Times synopsis: Steve desperately searches for a positive spin on Oliver's illness; Aggie insists on attending The Bistro's re-opening; and Sean encourages Gemma to share her story.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 6,982,866 viewers (4th place).
|May 2020 episodes|
|← Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th
Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th
Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th →