Oliver has stopped fitting but the doctors can't prescribe medication until they know what's wrong with him. He's taken in for an MRI scan as Leanne and Steve are told they're in for a long wait. Gemma tells the support group that she fantasises about hurting her babies. She's comforted being around people who don't judge her. Ed turns the other cheek when Don hands him yet another snagging list. Michael's grumbles elicit further ribbing from the man. After their run, David admits to Craig that he went to the Hylda Baker Estate looking for trouble as it gives him a buzz. Craig urges him to stop for his family's sake before he destroys himself. Evelyn goes dancing with Arthur and takes a Tupperware box with her to cadge a load of freebies. Oliver's scan shows changes to his occipital lobe. The doctors run genetic blood tests to find the cause. Steve asks if it could be his myotonic dystrophy but they're told that it's unlikely. Gemma feels better knowing that there are other women like her as she feels like less of a freak. Michael doesn't understand why Ed laughs along with Don's cruel jokes. James's manager threatens to put him on a transfer list following his altercation with the fan. Evelyn enjoys herself with Arthur and begins to drop her icy exterior. Michael thinks Don is a racist and should be called out. Ed says it's a fight they can't win as Don is their employer. The blood tests reveal that Oliver has an underlying genetic condition, probably mitochondrial disease. Leanne and Steve are asked to stay off the internet until Oliver is diagnosed to avoid misinformation. They're in disbelief as their son's prognosis goes from bad to worse.
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman
- Ed Bailey - Trevor Michael Georges
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- James Bailey - Nathan Graham
- Alex Warner - Liam Bairstow
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Hope Stape - Isabella Flanagan
- Ruby Dobbs - Macy Alabi
- Aggie Bailey - Lorna Laidlaw
- Oliver Battersby - Emmanuel & Jeremiah Cheetham (Uncredited)
- Bryn, Carys & Llio Winter-Brown - Charlotte & James Holt and Arthur, Lily & Lucy Taylor (Uncredited)
- Don - Philip Broadbent
- Arthur Medwin - Paul Copley
- Heather - Elinor Dixon
- Dr Ward - Zita Sattar
- Nurse - Justina Carmen Aina
- 3 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Viaduct Bistro
- Roy's Rolls
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Victoria Gardens
- Weatherfield General - Children's intensive care and Dr Ward's office
- Group session venue
- This episode, transmitted at 7.30pm, was the only episode shown on this date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This led to a temporary cessation of the programme's production which began on 23rd March, and a scaling back on the transmission of previously recorded episodes from six to three a week which began from 30th March onwards.
- This episode was produced with the intention of it being transmitted on Monday 20th April at 8.30pm.
- Due to time constraints before the MediaCity studios were locked down, the end credits for this episode were not remade but instead used that originally intended for both this and the previous episode. This means that the following were credited but did not appear: Ray Crosby (Mark Frost), Billy Mayhew (Daniel Brocklebank), Paul Foreman (Peter Ash), Joseph Brown (William Flanagan), Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls), Rita Tanner (Barbara Knox), the Fan (Barney Thompson), and the Junior Doctor (Mateusz Mirek).
- Last appearance of Ruby Dobbs until 5th April 2021.
- Last appearance of Hope Stape until 16th November 2020.
- TV Times synopsis: Steve and Leanne await the outcome of Oliver's tests; the Baileys display differing attitudes to racial abuse; and Gemma realises that she is not alone.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 7,582,465 viewers (2nd place).
|May 2020 episodes|
|← Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th
Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th
Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th →