Oliver has slept through most of the night and seems back to normal. Steve is tired after watching over him and goes back home to catch up on his own sleep. Ray tells Ed that Danny has left the bistro manager’s job and moved down south. His replacement, Don, has complained about some of his finishing work and Ray wants him to go back over it before the official opening, withholding final payment until it’s done. Despite starting her medication, Gemma is still on edge and not happy about going to the post-natal depression support group. Steve reports back to his family about Oliver before retiring to bed. At Nick’s request, David calls to the flat and tells Leanne about living with epilepsy. His brusque comments are not appreciated by her. Evelyn denies to Audrey that Arthur means anything to her. Michael helps Ed with the bistro work, prior to him starting at Underworld in sales next week. They are taken aback when Don is racially rude to Ed, calling him “Lenny Henry” and complains about their work rate. David is forced to agree when Craig suggests that they go running together. Oliver has another fit and an ambulance is called. James is surprised to hear that Danny has gone, and accuses his father of being pleased at the news. Toyah and Nick can’t raise Steve to tell him about Oliver. As the time for the support group nears, Gemma’s temper worsens. Ed and Michael can’t find anything wrong with their previous workmanship. Don continues to be rude and calls them “you people”. Ed lets it go, leaving Michael confused. Craig makes David join his daily run. Tracy and Liz come home and tell a newly-woken Steve what’s happened. They rush to the hospital. Rita has doubts about Geoff’s innocence. Arthur turns up in the Rovers and invites Evelyn to a dance that afternoon. Gemma is stunned to recognise herself in comments made by Heather, another woman at the support group, who tells them how badly she’s coping. A County fan approaches James in the street and makes homophobic comments. Tim has to stop them fighting. A doctor tells the families that Oliver is still fitting and has been sent to intensive care.
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman
- Ed Bailey - Trevor Michael Georges
- Ray Crosby - Mark Frost
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Paul Foreman - Peter Ash
- Joseph Brown - William Flanagan
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- James Bailey - Nathan Graham
- Rita Tanner - Barbara Knox
- Oliver Battersby - Emmanuel & Jeremiah Cheetham (Uncredited)
- Bryn & Carys Winter-Brown - Charlotte & James Holt and Arthur, Lily & Lucy Taylor (Uncredited)
- Don - Philip Broadbent
- Arthur Medwin - Paul Copley
- Fan - Barney Thompson
- Heather - Elinor Dixon
- Junior Doctor - Mateusz Mirek
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Viaduct Street
- Viaduct Bistro
- Victoria Street
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Children's A&E
- Group session venue
- This episode, transmitted at 7.30pm, was the only episode shown on this date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This led to a temporary cessation of the programme's production which began on 23rd March, and a scaling back on the transmission of previously recorded episodes from six to three a week which began from 30th March onwards.
- This episode was produced with the intention of it being transmitted on Monday 20th April at 7.30pm.
- Due to time constraints before the MediaCity studios were locked down, the end credits for this episode were not remade but instead used that originally intended for both this and the next episode. This means that the following were credited but did not appear: Dr Ward (Zita Sattar), Alex Warner (Liam Bairstow), Fiz Stape (Jennie McAlpine), Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall), Hope Stape (Isabella Flanagan), Ruby Dobbs (Macy Alabi), Nurse (Justina Carmen Aina) and Aggie Bailey (Lorna Laidlaw).
- Last appearance of Joseph Brown until 16th November 2020.
- A paramedic is uncredited although she has a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Oliver suffers another frightening seizure; Ed and Michael experience racism at work; and Gemma attends a support group for her depression.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 7,436,092 viewers (4th place).
|May 2020 episodes|
|← Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th
Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th
Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th →