Oliver is rushed into hospital where Aggie is on duty and sends him to be examined. Steve and Leanne find common ground in their distress. Bernie begins to get annoyed with constant criticisms from Cathy and breaks down. Cathy takes her under her wing and outlines a proper training plan but is easily distracted when Bernie breaks open cans of cider for them both. The A&E doctor orders a series of tests to be done on Oliver. Alya and Ryan go to the Rovers where he is perturbed when she blabs to Sean what she thinks about Geoff. Ryan counsels her to be careful what she says but she is happy that a gossip such as Sean will spread the word about Geoff’s true nature. Nick, Simon and Liz arrive at the hospital. A worrying Leanne feels guilty that she’s been a bad parent. David goes to the Hylda Baker estate in seek of new adrenalin thrills. He sees a drug exchange taking place from a car belonging to a group of young lads. Tim rushes to Geoff’s bedside with the news of the bail hearing. Geoff puts on a show of sadness as to what things have come to. Katrina Ward, the consultant, tells the waiting family they haven’t ruled out epilepsy yet. David climbs across the back of the car and stamps on the roof to provoke the lads into chasing him. They do so but are stopped in their tracks when they see Craig on patrol. Slightly drunk, Cathy and Bernie enjoy skiving from work. Oliver is awaiting further tests. Bernie and Cathy go to the Rovers where they enjoy each other’s company and agree on a fresh start. Cathy suggests Bernie makes a move on Dev as they'd be an ideal couple. At the bar, David claims to a questioning Craig that he was just exercising and asks him to keep quiet about what he saw. Leanne snaps at Nick when he talks about David’s experience of epilepsy. Katrina confides in Aggie that she’s worried about Oliver’s case. David returns home and gives Gail a sarcastic birthday card. He’s troubled when he hears about Oliver and relaxes his cold attitude towards his mother. Alya has the locks changed on No.6. Ryan is concerned that she’s setting things in motion to allow Geoff to claim that he’s the victim. Oliver is brought home. Leanne agrees that Steve can stay the night to look over his son. The family unites around the child.
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Craig Tinker - Colson Smith
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Aggie Bailey - Lorna Laidlaw
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Geoff Metcalfe - Ian Bartholomew
- Oliver Battersby - Emmanuel & Jeremiah Cheetham (Uncredited)
- Ed Bailey - Trevor Michael Georges (Uncredited, voice only)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Prima Doner
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Children's A&E and high dependency unit - room 4
- Streets in the Hylda Baker estate
- This episode, transmitted at 7.30pm, was the only episode shown on this date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This led to a temporary cessation of the programme's production which began on 23rd March, and a scaling back on the transmission of previously recorded episodes from six to three a week which began from 30th March onwards.
- This episode was produced with the intention of it being transmitted as the second half of an hour-long episode on Friday 17th April at 7.30pm.
- Due to time constraints before the MediaCity studios were locked down, the end credits for this episode were not remade but instead used that originally intended for both this and the previous episode. This means that the following were credited but did not appear: Dev Alahan (Jimmi Harkishin), Sally Metcalfe (Sally Dynevor), Yasmeen Metcalfe (Shelley King), Toyah Battersby (Georgia Taylor), Imran Habeeb (Charlie De Melo), Sarah Barlow (Tina O'Brien), Brian Packham (Peter Gunn), Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver), Roy Cropper (David Neilson), Faye Windass (Ellie Leach) and Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls).
- Nick Tilsley mentions David Platt suffering an epileptic fit behind the wheel of Audrey Roberts’ car, referencing events in Episode 7446 (15th October 2010).
- Tall Matt at Prima Doner and the three drug sellers are uncredited although they have short lines of dialogue.
- Glenn Marks was credited as the stunt co-ordinator and Luke Gomes as the stunt double for the scene where David Platt provokes the drug sellers on the Hylda Baker estate.
- TV Times synopsis: David encounters some drug dealers on a rough estate, but when he jumps on the bonnet of their car, they give chase, placing him in danger.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 7,725,870 viewers (2nd place).
|May 2020 episodes|
|← Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th
Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th
Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th →