Alya is led away from Geoff's room by DS Abney. David sleeps through Max's speech. Paul is shocked to hear what Kelly did and urges Billy to throw her out, for Summer's sake. Gary eavesdrops from the neighbouring booth in the Rovers. Nina tries to boost Asha's self-esteem. Geoff tells DS Abney that Yasmeen has hit him before. The detective establishes a pattern of violent, alcoholic women in Geoff's life, including Jocelyn Walkey and Tessa Metcalfe. Tim hears about the pub incident for the first time and accepts Geoff's account of it, having total faith in his dad, while Sally quietly takes everything in. Adam finds out from Ryan that Ali has left because of Gary. Imran cautions Alya against blackening Geoff's name, as she's prejudicing potential witnesses if Yasmeen's case goes to trial. She nevertheless sticks the knife in when Cathy expresses her regret at not being a better friend to Yasmeen. Maria is wary about Gary helping Rick's daughter. Gail reminds David that the family are there if he needs help. Yasmeen is relieved to hear that Geoff will probably be okay. An envelope is posted through No.7's letterbox addressed to Asha. Dev inspects it before Asha sees it. Yasmeen tells DS Abney that she thought Geoff still had the knife in his hand when she attacked him. She breaks down as she's shown the photographs of his neck wound and begs to see him to say sorry. Gary tells a guilty Billy how pleased he is that he isn't turning his back on Kelly. Billy and Paul are about to give Kelly her marching orders when they find her at the bus stop with her bags, having decided to spare them the job. Paul relents, convinced that she's genuinely sorry. Sarah catches Adam reading about Rick online. He explains that he's looking out for Amy as she's friends with Kelly. Asha opens the envelope which contains a sketch of her face. On the underside, the artist has written "In case you needed proof". Sally is rattled by the revelations about Geoff. Yasmeen is charged with attempted murder.
- Yasmeen Metcalfe - Shelley King
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Geoff Metcalfe - Ian Bartholomew
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Max Turner - Harry McDermott
- Gary Windass - Mikey North
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Mary Taylor - Patti Clare
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Summer Spellman - Matilda Freeman
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Kelly Neelan - Millie Gibson
- Paul Foreman - Peter Ash
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Brian Packham - Peter Gunn
- Carla Connor - Alison King
- Maria Connor - Samia Longchambon
- Lily Platt - Brooke Malonie
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and Asha's bedroom
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Rosamund Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Jamila House
- 5 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - High dependency unit - room 4 and corridor
- Weatherfield Police Station - Interview room and custody desk
- This episode, transmitted at 7.30pm, was the only episode shown on this date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This led to a temporary cessation of the programme's production which began on 23rd March, and a scaling back on the transmission of previously recorded episodes from six to three a week which began from 30th March onwards.
- This episode was produced with the intention of it being transmitted on Wednesday 15th April at 8.30pm.
- Due to time constraints before the MediaCity studios were locked down, the end credits for this episode were not remade but instead used that originally intended for both this and the previous episode. This means that the following were credited but did not appear: Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson), Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson), Kyle (Sam Hattersley), and Jamie (Lorenzo Rodriguez). For the same reason, fight arranger Kate Waters was credited for work featured in the previous episode.
- Last appearance of Lily Platt until 25th December 2020.
- TV Times synopsis: Imran watches on as a bewildered and upset Yasmeen is charged; and Adam learns that Ali has left the area after pleading guilty to assaulting Gary.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 7,427,468 viewers (6th place).
|May 2020 episodes|
|← Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th
Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th
Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th →