Yasmeen spends the night in a cell. A forensics team combs No.6, unaware that they're being filmed on Geoff's CCTV. Geoff is stable after a night in hospital. Sarah and Adam arrive home from their honeymoon, both agreeing to forget about Gary. Speed Daal is closed until further notice. Cathy and Eileen compare notes on the Metcalfes' recent troubles and notice a pattern of questionable behaviour by Geoff. David stuffs a ripped t-shirt in the washing machine before Gail sees it. Max is handed the closing speech at the YORP (Youth Outreach Programme) awards. Gail plans a family meal at Valandro's afterwards. Adam clocks Sharon Geary going into the Furniture Shop. Gary demands that Sharon locate Laura Neelan so she can take Kelly back. Steve joins Leanne when she takes Oliver painting at the community centre. Roy asks Amy and Asha to help out at the awards in order to get Asha out of the house. Alya returns from Spain and meets up with Ryan at the police station. Geoff regains consciousness and cries out that Yasmeen tried to kill him. Leanne tells Steve that Oliver's key worker at nursery is worried that he isn't developing physically at the same rate as the other children. Steve brushes off her concerns. Two lads start on Asha the minute she arrives with one of them, Jamie, mentally undressing her. Nina comes to her defence and punches him on the nose. Alya tells Imran that Yasmeen must have been acting in self-defence. She worries that Yasmeen is too brainwashed to defend herself. Asha is mortified when Dev tears a strip off Jamie as well. Billy tries to calm the situation however Dev starts on Kelly, causing Gary to appear out of nowhere to defend her. DS Abney gets Geoff's side of the story, with Tim and Sally sitting in. He says they were arguing about Yasmeen's drinking when she attacked him with the bottle. Adam is intrigued to hear that Kelly's surname is Neelan. Nina encourages Asha to see that what's done is done and she shouldn't hide away. David has a rest before the awards and falls asleep. Alya turns up at the hospital and accuses Geoff of making Yasmeen so scared for her life that she had to protect herself. He riles her with his nice guy act.
- Yasmeen Metcalfe - Shelley King
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Geoff Metcalfe - Ian Bartholomew
- Adam Barlow - Samuel Robertson
- Sarah Barlow - Tina O'Brien
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Max Turner - Harry McDermott
- Gary Windass - Mikey North
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Mary Taylor - Patti Clare
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Summer Spellman - Matilda Freeman
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Kelly Neelan - Millie Gibson
- Paul Foreman - Peter Ash
- Oliver Battersby - Emmanuel & Jeremiah Cheetham (Uncredited)
- DS Abney - Fiona Skinner
- Sharon Geary - Naomi Cooper-Davis
- Kyle - Sam Hattersley
- Jamie - Lorenzo Rodriguez
- Coronation Street
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Viaduct Street
- Furniture Shop
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield Police Station - Reception and cell
- Weatherfield General - High dependency unit - room 4 and corridor
- This episode, transmitted at 7.30pm, was the only episode shown on this date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This led to a temporary cessation of the programme's production which began on 23rd March, and a scaling back on the transmission of previously recorded episodes from six to three a week which began from 30th March onwards.
- This episode was produced with the intention of it being transmitted on Wednesday 15th April at 7.30pm.
- Due to time constraints before the MediaCity studios were locked down, the end credits for this episode were not remade but instead used that originally intended for both this and the next episode. This means that the following were credited but did not appear: Kirk Sutherland (Andrew Whyment), Brian Packham (Peter Gunn), Carla Connor (Alison King), Maria Connor (Samia Longchambon), Lily Platt (Brooke Malonie), and the Custody Officer (James Mair).
- Kate Waters was the fight arranger for the scene where Nina Lucas punches Jamie.
- References are made to Cathy Matthews witnessing Geoff Metcalfe's nastiness firsthand in Episode 9979 (13th January 2020), Yasmeen Metcalfe being locked in Geoff's magic box in Episode 9998 (5th February 2020), Gail Rodwell catching Yasmeen crying in Episode 10018 (28th February 2020). Later in the episode, David Platt mentions Leanne Battersby's issues with Valandro's, referencing Episode 6785 (31st March 2008) where Leanne gets Paul Clayton to burn down the restaurant in an insurance scam.
- TV Times synopsis: An exhausted Yasmeen sits in her police cell while the police search No 6 for evidence, unaware that they are being filmed on Geoff's CCTV.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 7,953,917 viewers (5th place).
|May 2020 episodes|
|← Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th
Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th
Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th →