An upset Gemma talks through her feelings with a sympathetic Dr Gaddas. She asks her if she’s ever been tempted to harm herself or the babies. Chesney’s shocked when Gemma admits that she has in order to end her pain. The doctor tells her she’s suffering from post-natal depression and coming back today and being honest with her is the first step to recovery. Steve bursts into the medical centre with Oliver and Liz interrupts Gemma’s consultation to get help. Imran is angry with Toyah, saying that flouting the law could jeopardise all their plans. Kelly encourages Asha to get back with Corey. Amy disagrees and Kelly stirs things up by accusing her of being jealous. Dr Gaddas thinks Oliver is fine and has had a febrile convulsion, but Steve should still have him checked at A&E. Gemma has been given anti-depressants and details of a self-help group. Nervous of being left on her own, Paul sits with her while Chesney goes to work. Amy reveals to Tracy that she’s fallen out with Asha. Her mother suggests she invites them round for a pizza and movie night. Gemma overhears Chesney telling Paul about his shock when he heard her confess that she wanted to harm the babies. Ken and Claudia prepare a drinks party for the Stillwaters’ residents to begin a charm offensive. Charles sees what they're up to. A panicky Leanne arrives with Nick at the hospital. Amy invites Corey to join their evening. Having seen the exchange, Kelly tells Asha that it’s obvious that Amy fancies him. Imran and Toyah make up. No one turns up for Ken and Claudia’s party. Returning home with Oliver, Leanne finds out that the child was alone with Summer when he had his fit. Furious with Steve, Leanne accuses him of putting his son last on his list of priorities. Ken finds Charles has organised an alternative party for the residents. Ken announces his candidacy to them all but it falls on stony ground. Gemma packs a bag to leave, saying it’s best that she goes. Chesney refuses to let her depart. On a video chat, Corey assures Asha that he finds her beautiful. He asks her to show him her body and she starts to undress in front of the camera. Gemma is surprised when Bernie arrives and reveals to her that she’s taking over Chesney’s shifts at the kebab shop, while still handing her wages over to them, all in return for a place to stay. Gemma’s delighted at the support. Steve calls at Leanne’s flat to speak to her. She’s unforgiving and tells him that if he lets his son down again, he’ll be arranging future visits through her solicitor.
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Nina Lucas - Mollie Gallagher
- Evelyn Plummer - Maureen Lipman
- Mary Taylor - Patti Clare
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Tracy McDonald - Kate Ford
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Claudia Colby - Rula Lenska
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Summer Spellman - Matilda Freeman
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Asha Alahan - Tanisha Gorey
- Paul Foreman - Peter Ash
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Billy Mayhew - Daniel Brocklebank
- Simon Barlow - Alex Bain
- Oliver Battersby - Emmanuel & Jeremiah Cheetham (Uncredited)
- Aled Winter-Brown - Harry & Harvey Thompson (Uncredited)
- Bryn & Carys Winter-Brown - Charlotte & James Holt and Arthur, Lily & Lucy Taylor(Uncredited)
- Freda Burgess - Ali Briggs
- Dr Gaddas - Christine Mackie
- Kelly Neelan - Millie Gibson
- Charles Moore - Michael Elwyn
- Corey Brent - Maximus Evans
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Asha's bedroom
- Rosamund Street
- Rosamund Street Medical Centre - Reception and Dr Gaddas's office
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Victoria Court - Landing
- 12 Victoria Court - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Children's A&E
- Stillwaters - Bar and Ken and Claudia's apartment
- This episode marks the 2,000th appearance of the character of Nick Tilsley although this number had been shared by three actors: Warren Jackson (547 episodes), Adam Rickitt (301 episodes) and Ben Price (1,152 episodes).
- This episode, transmitted at 7.30pm, was the only episode shown on this date due to the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic. This led to a temporary cessation of the programme's production which began on 23rd March, and a scaling back on the transmission of previously recorded episodes from six to three a week which began from 30th March onwards.
- This episode was produced with the intention of it being transmitted as the second half of an hour-long episode on Friday 3rd April at 7.30pm.
- Due to time constraints before the MediaCity studios were locked down, the end credits for this episode were not remade but instead used that originally intended for both this and the previous episode. This means that the following were credited but did not appear: Emma Brooker (Alexandra Mardell), Rita Tanner (Barbara Knox), Seb Franklin (Harry Visinoni) and Enquiry Officer (Peter Foster).
- For the same reason, Chris Fewtrell is credited along with Susan Oudot for writing the episode even though Fewtrell only wrote the first half of the planned hour-long episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Dr Gaddas tells Steve he should take Oliver to A&E; and Gemma finally accepts help for her post-natal depression.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 7,227,836 viewers (8th place).
|April 2020 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th
Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Fri 17th • Mon 20th
Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →