Geoff goes from bullying to pleading as he tries to keep Yasmeen in the house. Yasmeen leaves with her suitcase and goes to the builder's yard flat where she tells Alya that she was right. Alya pays for her ticket to Spain when Yasmeen says she doesn't have her cards with her, reluctant to admit that Geoff is in control of her spending. Geoff bombards Yasmeen with text messages, threatening to kill himself if she doesn't come back to him. Bernie leaves No.5 and tells Chesney to keep an eye on Gemma. David asks Gail to mind the kids but doesn't say where he's going. Yasmeen reads the texts and prepares to rush back to Geoff's side. Alya is annoyed that she can't see she's being played. Yasmeen maintains that Geoff truly loves her and goes to check on him before they catch their plane. She and Alya find no sign of Geoff at home but Alya discovers a smashed photo frame on the table with blood on it. As they argue about Geoff, the man in question sits in a pub watching the live feed from the hidden camera. A nervous Michael has an interview to join the sales team at the factory, chatting to Alina about Tianna while he waits. Yasmeen refuses to leave the country without knowing if Geoff is okay. Alya knows that there's nothing wrong with Geoff and he'll turn up safe and sound once it's too late for Yasmeen to catch her flight. With Yasmeen insistent on staying, Alya heads off to Spain without her. Emma tells Seb they should keep their distance from each other. Ryan promises to watch Yasmeen for Alya as she sets off for the airport. Geoff arrives home, having supposedly just seen Yasmeen's messages. Yasmeen hugs him lovingly. Geoff sports a bandaged thumb as he claims he nicked his finger on the photo frame. Michael encourages Alina to salvage her friendship with Seb. Chesney asks Gemma what Bernie meant. Gemma says she was just trying to make him think she's still needed so that she can carry on living with them rent-free. Yasmeen tells Geoff that she needs space and will sleep in the spare room. Once the coast is clear, Yasmeen calls the police and asks them how she should go about accessing information under Clare's law.
- Yasmeen Metcalfe - Shelley King
- Geoff Metcalfe - Ian Bartholomew
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- Lily Platt - Brooke Malonie
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Seb Franklin - Harry Visinoni
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Brian Packham - Peter Gunn
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Michael Bailey - Ryan Russell
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Coronation Street
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Underworld - Office and factory floor
- 19a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Unknown pub
- This episode, transmitted at 7.30pm, was the only episode shown on this date due to the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic. This led to a temporary cessation of the programme's production which began on 23rd March, and a scaling back on the transmission of previously recorded episodes from six to three a week which began from 30th March onwards.
- This episode was produced with the intention of it being transmitted on Wednesday 1st April at 8.30pm, and therefore several references are made to it being April Fool's Day.
- Due to time constraints before the MediaCity studios were locked down, the end credits for this episode were not remade but instead used that originally intended for both this and the previous episode. This means that the following were credited but did not appear: Tim Metcalfe (Joe Duttine), Sally Metcalfe (Sally Dynevor), Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls), Tracy McDonald (Kate Ford), Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson), Nina Lucas (Mollie Gallagher), the Audiologist (Rebecca Manley), the Teacher of the Deaf (Stacey Ghent), and the Commuter (Phil Chadwick).
- TV Times synopsis: Geoff despairs as Yasmeen walks out; and Bernie implores Chesney to keep an eye on Gemma.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 7,770,500 viewers (3rd place).
|April 2020 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th
Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Fri 17th • Mon 20th
Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →