David manages to push off his attackers and make a run for it, but they give chase. Amy has to give in to Steve when he wants to spend some quality time with her. The muggers corner David in Victoria Street but by a ruse he hides up the fire escape of the Redbank building without being seen. He’s elated with the thrill of the chase. Alya seeks out a way to prove that Geoff is lying about his illness. A chance remark from Ryan makes her think of the Spanish hotel that he claimed he booked for Zeedan’s wedding. Geoff thanks Yasmeen for her understanding now that she can’t go to her grandson’s wedding. Ken asks for a copy of the Stillwaters’ resident’s rulebook but Charles claims that a new one is being printed. Not believing a word, Ken suggests that it’s time for re-election of the Resident’s Chair since the last was held seven years ago. Cathy and Alex make their call on Gemma. Bernie covers for her daughter, saying she’s fine, but she has to put up with Cathy’s insults that she’s not pulling her weight. Emma tells Seb to move out, but he refuses. Alya pushes her way into No.6 when Yasmeen is at the shops and presents Geoff with evidence that he never made any booking at the hotel. She accuses him of faking his illness and tells him that she’s contacted the police using Clare’s Law. He loses his temper and threatens her as Yasmeen walks in. Horrified, she orders him away from her granddaughter. Alya tells her to check his emails to prove she’s right about the hotel. Yasmeen tells her to leave the house. Bernie and Cathy start to bicker. Gemma is pleased with Cathy’s efforts but insists she’s doing fine and doesn’t need help. David arrives home to a worried Gail and Nick. Still on a high, he tells them that everything is fine now. Geoff erupts in anger when Yasmeen questions him, saying she’s exacerbating his illness with anxiety. He threatens to walk out of their marriage unless she trusts him. Emma arrives at No.1 with her bags. Steve is happy for her to live with them. Alya refuses to fly out to the wedding and leave her gran in Geoff’s clutches but Ryan promises to watch over her. Geoff exchanges emails with Rachel, the escort. He goes to have a bath and Yasmeen tries to guess his password on his laptop.
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Yasmeen Metcalfe - Shelley King
- Geoff Metcalfe - Ian Bartholomew
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Seb Franklin - Harry Visinoni
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Claudia Colby - Rula Lenska
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Alex Warner - Liam Bairstow
- Lily Platt - Brooke Malonie
- Max Turner - Harry McDermott
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Amy Barlow - Elle Mulvaney
- Nick Tilsley - Ben Price
- Coronation Street
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- 19a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Stillwaters - Lounge
- Alley and surrounding roads
- This episode, transmitted at 7.30pm, was the only episode shown on this date due to the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic. This led to a temporary cessation of the programme's production which began on 23rd March, and a scaling back on the transmission of previously recorded episodes from six to three a week which began from 30th March onwards. This episode was produced with the intention of it being transmitted on that date at 8.30pm.
- Due to time constraints before the MediaCity studios were locked down, the end credits for this episode were not remade but instead used that originally intended for both this and the previous episode. This means that the following were credited but did not appear: Roy Cropper (David Neilson), Imran Habeeb (Charlie De Melo), Chesney Brown (Sam Aston), Sally Metcalfe (Sally Dynevor), Tim Metcalfe (Joe Duttine), Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver), Alina Pop (Ruxandra Porojnicu), Cleaner (Mark Hill) and Paramedic (Matthew Lewney).
- The scene where David Platt is threatened by muggers was recorded between Bowness Street and Kendal Road in Stretford, Greater Manchester. As David flees the muggers, he crosses Rydal Road going south before the action cuts to Victoria Street on the outdoor set.
- Gordon Seed was the stunt arranger and Martin Vose was the stunt performer for the scene where David fights off the muggers.
- TV Times synopsis: Alya tackles Geoff about his lies; David flees from a group of muggers; and Ken demands a copy of the Stillwaters rulebook from Charles.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 7,662,963 viewers (3rd place).
|April 2020 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th
Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Fri 17th • Mon 20th
Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →