Alya asks Geoff which hotel he’s booked himself and Yasmeen into for the wedding but he’s evasive. He puts on a front to Yasmeen that he’s worried that his presence will cause troubles at the event. He gets her to agree that that don’t have to go if she doesn’t want to. Gail can’t get through to David about what he’s going to do about Shona. Imran advises him they have to be married for a year before they can divorce. After spending the night with a mate, Seb returns to the flat and apologises to Emma, saying she’s the only woman he’s interested in. She tells him she’s giving him no further chances. Gemma gets a text to said that Aled’s hearing aids have arrived. Yasmeen arbitrates between Geoff and Alya when they bicker over suppliers. Ken finds Stillwaters’ normal cleaner fixing the dog stain and finds out that no professional carpet cleaner has been called in, despite Charles billing him for one. Geoff takes a turn and Yasmeen rings an ambulance saying he’s having a heart attack. When the paramedics arrive, they find nothing wrong and advise he has a check-up, but he refuses. Alya and Ryan are suspicious. Norris isn’t surprised to find that Ken has been “fined” £200 and they wonder what Charles is doing with the money. With Tim’s unsuspecting contrivance, Yasmeen insists that the wedding trip is off. Geoff is quietly satisfied. With Chesney unhappy about Bernie being around, Cathy and Alex agree to check up on Gemma. Eileen tells Gail about David and Alina, asking her to make sure her son keeps out of the vulnerable girl’s way. Yasmeen tells Alya about her decision. She doesn’t know how she’s going to prove that Geoff is faking his attack. Seb corners Alina in the café and suggests to the angry girl that she moves out. Emma walks in on their argument. David walks out of the house when Gail confronts him about Alina. Emma is suspicious of Seb’s motives and tells him they’re finished. David drinks as he walks over a river bridge. A gang of muggers accost him and demand his phone and wallet, pulling a knife out on him.
- Alya Nazir - Sair Khan
- Yasmeen Metcalfe - Shelley King
- Geoff Metcalfe - Ian Bartholomew
- Gail Rodwell - Helen Worth
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Imran Habeeb - Charlie De Melo
- Seb Franklin - Harry Visinoni
- Emma Brooker - Alexandra Mardell
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Gemma Winter - Dolly-Rose Campbell
- Bernie Winter - Jane Hazlegrove
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ryan Connor - Ryan Prescott
- Sally Metcalfe - Sally Dynevor
- Tim Metcalfe - Joe Duttine
- Cathy Matthews - Melanie Hill
- Claudia Colby - Rula Lenska
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Alex Warner - Liam Bairstow
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Alina Pop - Ruxandra Porojnicu
- Lily Platt - Brooke Malonie
- Max Turner - Harry McDermott
- Coronation Street
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Prima Doner
- Roy's Rolls
- Speed Daal
- Stillwaters - Hallway and bar
- Riverside path and alley
- This episode, transmitted at 7.30pm, was the only episode shown on this date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This led to a temporary cessation of the programme's production which began on 23rd March, and a scaling back on the transmission of previously recorded episodes from six to three a week which began from this date onwards.
- Due to time constraints before the MediaCity studios were locked down, the end credits for this episode were not remade but instead used that originally intended for Episode 10043 (1st April 2020). This means that the following were credited but did not appear: Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson), Amy Barlow (Elle Mulvaney), Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) and Charles Moore (Michael Elwyn). In addition, Gordon Seed as the stunt arranger and Martin Vose as the stunt performer are credited for their work which also occurs in the next episode.
- The scene where David Platt is threatened by muggers was recorded between Bowness Street and Kendal Road in Stretford, Greater Manchester.
- Sandy, a second paramedic is uncredited although she has a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Geoff feigns illness to sabotage Yasmeen's plans; Seb pledges his heart to Emma; and David places himself in danger.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast: 7,844,202 viewers (2nd place).
|March 2020 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd (1 2) • Wed 4th (1 2) • Fri 6th • Mon 9th (1 2)
Wed 11th (1 2) • Fri 13th • Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th (1 2)
Fri 20th • Mon 23rd (1 2) • Wed 25th (1 2) • Mon 30th →