|Ranking||Character||Played by||Duration||Number of Episodes||Running total||Previous year's ranking|
|1||David Platt||Jack P. Shepherd||Full year||157||2032||12|
|2||Gail McIntyre/Rodwell||Helen Worth||Full year except for October||137||3998||9|
|3||Liz McDonald||Beverley Callard||Full year||136||2009||7|
|4||Michelle Connor||Kym Marsh||Full year||130||1110||3|
|5||Tracy Barlow||Kate Ford||Full year||128||1792||4|
|6||Roy Cropper||David Neilson||Full year||127||1853||24|
|7||Nick Tilsley||Ben Price||Full year||126||1593||31|
|8||Carla Connor||Alison King||Full year except for March||123||1095||1|
|9||Sally Webster/Metcalfe||Sally Dynevor||Full year||121||2887||13|
|10||Eileen Grimshaw||Sue Cleaver||Full year||119||1682||16|
|10||Anna Windass||Debbie Rush||Full year||119||807||4|
|12||Michael Rodwell||Les Dennis||Full year||114||191||40|
|13||Tyrone Dobbs||Alan Halsall||Full year||111||1692||16|
|14||Tony Stewart||Terence Maynard||January to May and from July to November||110||254||14|
|15||Ken Barlow||William Roache||Full year||108||4265||49|
|15||Sean Tully||Antony Cotton||Full year||108||1345||30|
|17||Sarah Platt||Tina O'Brien||From March||107||1522||-|
|18||Tim Metcalfe||Joe Duttine||Full year||106||303||26|
|19||Sophie Webster||Brooke Vincent||Full year||105||1273||28|
|20||Leanne Tilsley||Jane Danson||Full year||102||1672||10|
|21||Kevin Webster||Michael Le Vell||Full year||100||2758||59|
|22||Callum Logan||Sean Ward||Until September||99||114||74|
|23||Max Turner||Harry McDermott||Full year||95||302||51|
|24||Beth Tinker/Sutherland||Lisa George||Full year||94||394||37|
|25||Steve McDonald||Simon Gregson||Full year except for June and December||93||2833||2|
|26||Alya Nazir||Sair Khan||Full year||92||147||53|
|27||Audrey Roberts||Sue Nicholls||Full year except for August||90||2862||40|
|28||Steph Britton||Tisha Merry||Full year||88||217||20|
|28||Kylie Platt||Paula Lane||From May||88||544||34|
|30||Jason Grimshaw||Ryan Thomas||Full year||86||1443||29|
|30||Bethany Platt||Lucy Fallon||From March||86||445||-|
|32||Kirk Sutherland||Andrew Whyment||Full year||85||1057||48|
|33||Todd Grimshaw||Bruno Langley||Full year||84||589||22|
|34||Luke Britton||Dean Fagan||Full year except for March||82||135||54|
|34||Andy Carver||Oliver Farnworth||Full year||82||99||72|
|34||Mary Taylor||Patti Clare||Full year||82||429||47|
|37||Sinead Tinker||Katie McGlynn||Full year||79||198||42|
|37||Gary Windass||Mikey North||Full year except for August||79||591||14|
|39||Craig Tinker||Colson Smith||Full year||77||157||65|
|40||Zeedan Nazir||Qasim Akhtar||Full year||76||105||66|
|41||Faye Windass||Ellie Leach||Full year||73||343||51|
|42||Chesney Brown||Sam Aston||Full year||69||888||45|
|43||Cathy Matthews||Melanie Hill||From April||68||68||-|
|43||Lloyd Mullaney||Craig Charles||February to September||68||946||22|
|45||Norris Cole||Malcolm Hebden||Full year except for August||67||1464||38|
|46||Billy Mayhew||Daniel Brocklebank||Full year||66||70||82|
|46||Sharif Nazir||Marc Anwar||Full year||66||115||56|
|48||Simon Barlow||Alex Bain||Full year except for January, April and October||64||468||50|
|49||Maria Connor||Samia Ghadie||Until October||63||1352||34|
|50||Amy Barlow||Elle Mulvaney||Full year||62||514||59|
|50||Robert Preston||Tristan Gemmill||From July||62||72||-|
|52||Dev Alahan||Jimmi Harkishin||January to February and from June||61||1368||45|
|52||Aidan Connor||Shayne Ward||From August||61||61||-|
|52||Rita Tanner||Barbara Knox||Full year||61||3518||39|
|55||Izzy Armstrong||Cherylee Houston||Full year||60||501||31|
|55||Andrea Beckett||Hayley Tamaddon||Until September||60||148||35|
|55||Julie Carp||Katy Cavanagh||Until July||60||664||33|
|55||Yasmeen Nazir||Shelley King||Full year except for March||60||101||61|
|55||Fiz Stape||Jennie McAlpine||From June||60||1772||20|
|60||Eva Price||Catherine Tyldesley||January to February and from September||58||438||8|
|61||Erica Holroyd||Claire King||Full year except for February, April and October||53||63||78|
|62||Maddie Heath||Amy James-Kelly||Until June||43||131||35|
|63||Hope Stape||Faith & Nicole Holt||From August||42||168||76|
|64||Owen Armstrong||Ian Puleston-Davies||Until April||40||542||16|
|64||Emily Bishop||Eileen Derbyshire||Full year except for January, April and September||40||3295||63|
|64||Jenny Bradley||Sally Ann Matthews||February to June||40||329||-|
|67||Johnny Connor||Richard Hawley||From October||35||35||-|
|68||Katy Armstrong||Georgia May Foote||Until March||34||391||25|
|69||Kate Connor||Faye Brookes||From October||32||32||-|
|70||Jack Webster||Maddox Beswick||February to July, September and December||30||108||79|
|71||Ruby Dobbs||Macy Alabi||From August||29||112||74|
|72||Kal Nazir||Jimi Mistry||Until May||26||145||16|
|73||Lily Platt||Betsie & Emmie Taylor||January to February, April to September and from November||25||82||64|
|74||Gemma Winter||Dolly-Rose Campbell||January to February, April and June to September||24||30||80|
|75||Aadi Alahan||Zennon Ditchett||January to February, May to July and from October||18||140||83|
|76||Asha Alahan||Tanisha Gorey||January to February, May to July and from October||17||138||83|
|77||Joseph Brown||Lucca-Owen Warwick||Until March||16||107||80|
|78||Rob Donovan||Marc Baylis||From December||15||296||11|
|79||Brian Packham||Peter Gunn||June to July||12||150||-|
|80||Caz Hammond||Rhea Bailey||From November||7||7||-|
|81||Bev Unwin||Susie Blake||July only||6||373||-|
|81||Jake Windass||Harley & Layton Phoenix||January to April and September to October||6||59||67|
|83||Liam Connor Jr.||Charlie Wrenshall||January to February, April and September||5||125||71|
|84||Alex Warner||Liam Bairstow||September to October||3||3||-|
|85||Peter Barlow||Chris Gascoyne||July only||2||1165||6|
Veteran cast member Anne Kirkbride became critically ill after suffering a stroke on 18th January. Her character Deirdre Barlow had last appeared on-screen in October 2014 as Kirkbride had taken a leave of absence after being diagnosed with breast cancer. The much-loved actress passed away a day later on 19th January, aged 60 .
Deirdre had already been written out temporarily, when she left to stay with Bev Unwin in the Peak District. After an appropriate amount of time had passed, the character was killed off via a brain aneurysm without ever returning to Weatherfield. Susie Blake reprised the role of Bev after nine years to deliver the sad news to the Barlows, while Chris Gascoyne made a short return as Peter having left the cast the year before. A third returnee was Robert Preston, Tracy Barlow's ex-husband who came to pay his respects and ultimately reconciled with Tracy. Recast with Tristan Gemmill in the part, this was the first time Robert had been a regular fixture in the show.
Cast signings in 2015 were largely built around shoring up Coronation Street's core families, either with new or returning characters. Sarah and Bethany Platt were back from Milan after a seven-year absence, which along with Gail marrying Michael Rodwell and actress Paula Lane's return from maternity leave made the year heavily Platt-centric. Tina O'Brien remained in the role of Sarah, while Lucy Fallon was cast as 14-year-old Bethany. A minor controversy occurred when the original choice of actress, Katie Redford, was fired after bosses learned that she had lied about her age in order to get the part .
Sally Ann Matthews returned as Jenny Bradley in February, having last played the part in 1993. The gap was a record for a Coronation Street actress in the same role at the time. This was a short comeback, lasting four months, for a storyline involving Kevin Webster and a tragedy in Jenny's past, later revealed to be the accidental drowning of her four-year-old son Tom. Jenny's return was received positively, though the programme was criticised over a line of dialogue by Kevin in Episode 8658 where the mechanic appeared to forget his late son Jake. The continuity error sparked so many comments online that Stuart Blackburn issued a statement apologising for the mistake .
The depleted Connors became a central family again with the creation of Aidan and Kate Connor - distant cousins of Michelle - and their father Johnny. Aidan appeared first when he used Johnny's money to buy 40% of a flagging Underworld, his sister and father following on two months later. The new Connors were created in anticipation of Alison King's sabbatical from the programme in 2016, which would leave the factory without a manager . Aidan was played by former X Factor winner Shayne Ward, who had since moved into acting. Richard Hawley and Faye Brookes were cast as Johnny and Kate respectively, while Rhea Bailey played Kate's fiancée Caz Hammond. By the year's end, Johnny had been revealed as Carla's father by a returning Rob Donovan, as the murderer took revenge on Carla and Tracy from prison.
While some families were given a boost, another was whittled down. Katy Armstrong moved to Portugal with Joseph in March, almost a year after the announcement that the character was being written out against actress Georgia May Foote's wishes . Although a reason for Katy's axing wasn't given, Marc Anwar, who played Sharif Nazir, stated in 2018 that Foote was fired for refusing to do a storyline where Katy converted to Islam, a story which the actress strenuously denied . Owen Armstrong left the Street a month after his daughter at the choice of actor Ian Puleston-Davies, who had been with the programme for five years. Izzy Armstrong and son Jake remained, but appeared less.
Two stunts and ITV@60 live episodeEdit
As in previous years, major storylines peaked in mid January and late May, with the latter airing as post-watershed episodes between the finals of Britain's Got Talent. Both of these involved stunt sequences. The first was a nighttime minibus crash on a country road, threatening the lives of the factory staff. No characters were killed but Sinead Tinker was temporarily paralysed.
The May storyline was a fire at the Victoria Court flats, started accidentally by Tracy Barlow. Tracy had gone there intending to harm Carla Connor but didn't go through with it. In the ensuing blaze, most of the flat's inhabitants including Amy Barlow were rescued, but Kal Nazir, the last to leave, was killed when a gas cannister exploded. Jimi Mistry had decided to leave after 18 months with the show, having never intended to stay for long . The remaining Nazirs were kept on in the programme.
The fire had another casualty in Maddie Heath when the character crossed the police tape to get to Sophie Webster and was blown away by a secondary explosion from the builder's yard. Amy-James Kelly had joined at the same time as Jimi Mistry, and left to gain more acting experience outside of Coronation Street . The Victoria Court complex itself withstood the fire and continued in the programme.
Coronation Street's third special live episode was broadcast on 23rd September to mark the 60th anniversary of the ITV network, the first time one had been made for an occasion other than the anniversary of the serial itself. The episode was announced by ITV's Director of Television, Peter Fincham, on 19th November 2014 at the Salford Media Festival and was broadcast live after two weeks of rehearsals. The episode involved a complicated fight scene and a sequence shot on location involving pyrotechnics, which was also done live with actors Bruno Langley and Terence Maynard having only nine minutes to get to the site in Trafford Park Road after taking part in a previous scene at MediaCity studios.
In the episode, Callum Logan's reign of terror against the Platts came to an end when the gangster was clubbed to death by Kylie as he had pinned Sarah down on the kitchen floor. Sean Ward, who played Callum, had to return especially for the live episode as the preceding instalments had been recorded some eight weeks earlier. Callum's body was buried by Kylie and David Platt in the Platts' garage which was being converted into a bedroom for Gail, dubbed the "grannex", remaining there until May 2016.
Craig Charles and Hayley Tamaddon also shot their last scenes as Lloyd Mullaney and Andrea Beckett in the live episode, as their exit in a later episode was already in the can. Charles had quit Coronation Street after ten years to revive sitcom Red Dwarf for the TV channel Dave . Lloyd's girlfriend Andrea Beckett was written out with him as the couple moved to Jersey, overriding Tamaddon's own wishes . The reason for Lloyd and Andrea's appearance after their send-off in the live episode was that Simon Gregson was scheduled to begin a leave of absence just before the live recording and writers wanted a goodbye scene between Lloyd and Steve McDonald, which was added to Episode 8742. Steve was absent from the programme until April 2016.
Two days after the live broadcast, ITV announced that producer Stuart Blackburn would be leaving the programme in 2016. His successor was to be Kate Oates, a former assistant producer on Coronation Street currently producing Emmerdale .
Cast and production roundupEdit
|1||8545||Friday 2nd January||1||Damon Rochefort||Michael Lacey||7,320,000||11|
|2||8546||Friday 2nd January||2||Cardy O'Donnell||Michael Lacey||7,300,000||12|
|3||8547||Monday 5th January||1||Simon Crowther||Nickie Lister||7,400,000||10|
|4||8548||Monday 5th January||2||Martin Allen||Nickie Lister||6,510,000||18|
|5||8549||Wednesday 7th January||Ellen Taylor||Nickie Lister||7,060,000||15|
|6||8550||Friday 9th January||1||Jonathan Harvey||Nickie Lister||7,440,000||9|
|7||8551||Friday 9th January||2||Perrie Balthazar||Nickie Lister||7,020,000||16|
|8||8552||Monday 12th January||1||Chris Fewtrell||Duncan Foster||7,360,000||14|
|9||8553||Monday 12th January||2||Chris Fewtrell||Duncan Foster||7,220,000||15|
|10||8554||Wednesday 14th January||Julie Jones||Duncan Foster||7,370,000||13|
|11||8555||Friday 16th January||1||Debbie Oates||Duncan Foster||7,510,000||12|
|12||8556||Friday 16th January||2||Debbie Oates||Duncan Foster||7,070,000||17|
|13||8557||Monday 19th January||1||Jan McVerry||John Anderson||8,240,000||8|
|14||8558||Monday 19th January||2||Joe Turner||John Anderson||8,200,000||9|
|15||8559||Wednesday 21st January||Joe Turner||John Anderson||7,770,000||12|
|16||8560||Friday 23rd January||1||Simon Crowther||John Anderson||7,860,000||11|
|17||8561||Friday 23rd January||2||Mark Wadlow||John Anderson||7,210,000||16|
|18||8562||Monday 26th January||1||Jonathan Harvey||Lee Salisbury||7,780,000||10|
|19||8563||Monday 26th January||2||Cardy O'Donnell||Lee Salisbury||7,730,000||11|
|20||8564||Wednesday 28th January||Damon Rochefort||Lee Salisbury||7,370,000||14|
|21||8565||Friday 30th January||1||John Kerr||Lee Salisbury||7,320,000||15|
|22||8566||Friday 30th January||2||Susan Oudot||Lee Salisbury||7,200,000||16|
|23||8567||Monday 2nd February||1||Joe Turner||Abe Juckes||7,580,000||10|
|24||8568||Monday 2nd February||2||Mark Wadlow||Abe Juckes||6,770,000||14|
|25||8569||Wednesday 4th February||Chris Fewtrell||Judith Dine||7,290,000||12|
|26||8570||Friday 6th February||1||John Kerr||Judith Dine||6,810,000||13|
|27||8571||Friday 6th February||2||Martin Allen||Judith Dine||5,770,000||24|
|28||8572||Monday 9th February||1||Perrie Balthazar||Menhaj Huda||7,500,000||10|
|29||8573||Monday 9th February||2||Susan Oudot||Menhaj Huda||6,950,000||13|
|30||8574||Wednesday 11th February||Mark Burt||Menhaj Huda||7,470,000||11|
|31||8575||Friday 13th February||1||Julie Jones||Menhaj Huda||6,940,000||14|
|32||8576||Friday 13th February||2||Julie Jones||Menhaj Huda||6,390,000||15|
|33||8577||Monday 16th February||1||Damon Rochefort||Diana Patrick||7,080,000||13|
|34||8578||Monday 16th February||2||Ellen Taylor||Diana Patrick||6,660,000||16|
|35||8579||Wednesday 18th February||Jonathan Harvey||Diana Patrick||7,240,000||11|
|36||8580||Friday 20th February||1||Jayne Hollinson||Diana Patrick||7,090,000||12|
|37||8581||Friday 20th February||2||Ben Tagoe||Diana Patrick||5,170,000||30|
|38||8582||Monday 23rd February||1||Jonathan Harvey||Tim Finn||7,530,000||8|
|39||8583||Monday 23rd February||2||Ellen Taylor||Tim Finn||7,260,000||10|
|40||8584||Wednesday 25th February||Mark Wadlow||Tim Finn||7,260,000||11|
|41||8585||Friday 27th February||1||Simon Crowther||Tim Finn||7,080,000||13|
|42||8586||Friday 27th February||2||Simon Crowther||Tim Finn||6,710,000||14|
|43||8587||Monday 2nd March||1||Julie Jones||Duncan Foster||7,576,000||7|
|44||8588||Monday 2nd March||2||Debbie Oates||Duncan Foster||7,290,000||9|
|45||8589||Wednesday 4th March||Ben Tagoe||Duncan Foster||6,831,000||10|
|46||8590||Friday 6th March||1||Jayne Hollinson||Duncan Foster||6,651,000||13|
|47||8591||Friday 6th March||2||Damon Rochefort||Duncan Foster||6,400,000||15|
|48||8592||Monday 9th March||1||Chris Fewtrell||Alan Grint||6,962,000||8|
|49||8593||Monday 9th March||2||Susan Oudot||Alan Grint||6,162,000||13|
|50||8594||Wednesday 11th March||Martin Allen||Alan Grint||6,958,000||9|
|51||8595||Friday 13th March||1||Perrie Balthazar||Alan Grint||6,685,000||10|
|52||8596||Friday 13th March||2||Jan McVerry||Alan Grint||6,039,000||15|
|53||8597||Monday 16th March||1||Joe Turner||Jo Johnson||7,166,000||4|
|54||8598||Monday 16th March||2||Susan Oudot||Jo Johnson||6,431,000||12|
|55||8599||Wednesday 18th March||Mark Burt||Jo Johnson||6,943,000||6|
|56||8600||Friday 20th March||1||John Kerr||Jo Johnson||6,551,000||10|
|57||8601||Friday 20th March||2||Jan McVerry||Jo Johnson||5,764,000||16|
|58||8602||Monday 23rd March||1||Chris Fewtrell||Matt Hilton||7,170,000||6|
|59||8603||Monday 23rd March||2||Chris Fewtrell||Matt Hilton||7,039,000||7|
|60||8604||Wednesday 25th March||Mark Wadlow||John Anderson||7,012,000||8|
|61||8605||Sunday 29th March||Damon Rochefort||John Anderson||6,030,000||11|
|62||8606||Monday 30th March||1||Simon Crowther||Judith Dine||7,193,000||3|
|63||8607||Monday 30th March||2||Ellen Taylor||Judith Dine||6,750,000||7|
|64||8608||Wednesday 1st April||Martin Allen||Judith Dine||6,850,000||6|
|65||8609||Friday 3rd April||1||Jonathan Harvey||Judith Dine||6,670,000||9|
|66||8610||Friday 3rd April||2||Julie Jones||Judith Dine||6,740,000||8|
|67||8611||Monday 6th April||1||Julie Jones||Diana Patrick||6,820,000||8|
|68||8612||Monday 6th April||2||Jonathan Harvey||Diana Patrick||6,938,000||5|
|69||8613||Wednesday 8th April||Mark Wadlow||Diana Patrick||6,830,000||7|
|70||8614||Friday 10th April||1||Jayne Hollinson||Diana Patrick||6,430,000||10|
|71||8615||Friday 10th April||2||Ellen Taylor||Diana Patrick||5,990,000||11|
|72||8616||Monday 13th April||1||Debbie Oates||Dominic Keavey||7,230,000||3|
|73||8617||Monday 13th April||2||Perrie Balthazar||Dominic Keavey||6,820,000||7|
|74||8618||Wednesday 15th April||Martin Allen||Dominic Keavey||6,450,000||8|
|75||8619||Friday 17th April||1||Simon Crowther||Dominic Keavey||6,410,000||9|
|76||8620||Friday 17th April||2||Chris Fewtrell||Dominic Keavey||5,890,000||12|
|77||8621||Monday 20th April||1||Joe Turner||Brett Fallis||6,550,000||8|
|78||8622||Monday 20th April||2||John Kerr||Brett Fallis||6,450,000||10|
|79||8623||Wednesday 22nd April||Mark Burt||Brett Fallis||6,300,000||12|
|80||8624||Friday 24th April||1||Damon Rochefort||Brett Fallis||6,380,000||11|
|81||8625||Friday 24th April||2||Ben Tagoe||Brett Fallis||5,700,000||18|
|82||8626||Monday 27th April||1||Julie Jones||Tony Prescott||6,890,000||6|
|83||8627||Monday 27th April||2||Ben Tagoe||Tony Prescott||6,954,000||4|
|84||8628||Wednesday 29th April||Susan Oudot||Tony Prescott||6,340,000||10|
|85||8629||Friday 1st May||1||Damon Rochefort||Tony Prescott||6,210,000||11|
|86||8630||Friday 1st May||2||Jayne Hollinson||Tony Prescott||5,610,000||12|
|87||8631||Monday 4th May||1||Martin Allen||Audrey Cooke||6,590,000||8|
|88||8632||Monday 4th May||2||Perrie Balthazar||Audrey Cooke||6,480,000||9|
|89||8633||Wednesday 6th May||Jan McVerry||Audrey Cooke||6,220,000||11|
|90||8634||Friday 8th May||1||Chris Fewtrell||Audrey Cooke||6,620,000||7|
|91||8635||Friday 8th May||2||Chris Fewtrell||Audrey Cooke||6,210,000||12|
|92||8636||Monday 11th May||1||Simon Crowther||Alan Grint||6,880,000||6|
|93||8637||Monday 11th May||2||Simon Crowther||Alan Grint||6,810,000||7|
|94||8638||Wednesday 13th May||Mark Wadlow||Alan Grint||6,140,000||11|
|95||8639||Friday 15th May||1||Jonathan Harvey||Alan Grint||6,340,000||9|
|96||8640||Friday 15th May||2||Jonathan Harvey||Alan Grint||6,050,000||12|
|97||8641||Monday 18th May||1||Joe Turner||John Anderson||6,825,000||5|
|98||8642||Monday 18th May||2||Joe Turner||John Anderson||6,610,000||7|
|99||8643||Wednesday 20th May||John Kerr||John Anderson||6,270,000||10|
|100||8644||Friday 22nd May||1||Debbie Oates||John Anderson||6,430,000||9|
|101||8645||Friday 22nd May||2||Debbie Oates||John Anderson||6,450,000||8|
|102||8646||Monday 25th May||Julie Jones||David Kester||7,480,000||10|
|103||8647||Tuesday 26th May||Chris Fewtrell||David Kester||7,630,000||7|
|104||8648||Wednesday 27th May||Joe Turner||David Kester||8,010,000||4|
|105||8649||Thursday 28th May||Ellen Taylor||David Kester||8,152,000||2|
|106||8650||Friday 29th May||Susan Oudot||David Kester||7,832,000||5|
|107||8651||Monday 1st June||1||Simon Crowther||Kay Patrick||7,413,000||3|
|108||8652||Monday 1st June||2||Mark Burt||Kay Patrick||7,440,000||2|
|109||8653||Wednesday 3rd June||Martin Allen||Kay Patrick||6,410,000||7|
|110||8654||Friday 5th June||1||Damon Rochefort||Kay Patrick||5,970,000||9|
|111||8655||Friday 5th June||2||Jan McVerry||Kay Patrick||6,060,000||8|
|112||8656||Monday 8th June||1||Jonathan Harvey||Tim Dowd||6,786,000||4|
|113||8657||Monday 8th June||2||John Kerr||Tim Dowd||7,125,000||2|
|114||8658||Wednesday 10th June||Mark Wadlow||Tim Dowd||6,320,000||7|
|115||8659||Friday 12th June||1||Perrie Balthazar||Tim Dowd||6,160,000||10|
|116||8660||Friday 12th June||2||Carmel Morgan||Tim Dowd||6,190,000||9|
|117||8661||Monday 15th June||1||Julie Jones||Brett Fallis||6,815,000||3|
|118||8662||Monday 15th June||2||Jonathan Harvey||Brett Fallis||6,642,000||4|
|119||8663||Wednesday 17th June||Martin Allen||Brett Fallis||6,190,000||9|
|120||8664||Friday 19th June||1||Jayne Hollinson||Brett Fallis||5,850,000||10|
|121||8665||Friday 19th June||2||Jan McVerry||Brett Fallis||5,560,000||11|
|122||8666||Monday 22nd June||1||Damon Rochefort||Audrey Cooke||6,758,000||4|
|123||8667||Monday 22nd June||2||Ben Tagoe||Audrey Cooke||6,690,000||6|
|124||8668||Wednesday 24th June||John Kerr||Audrey Cooke||6,120,000||10|
|125||8669||Friday 26th June||1||Joe Turner||Audrey Cooke||6,180,000||9|
|126||8670||Friday 26th June||2||Susan Oudot||Audrey Cooke||6,030,000||11|
|127||8671||Monday 29th June||1||Simon Crowther||Durno Johnston||6,361,000||4|
|128||8672||Monday 29th June||2||Chris Fewtrell||Durno Johnston||6,272,000||5|
|129||8673||Wednesday 1st July||Mark Wadlow||Durno Johnston||5,900,000||8|
|130||8674||Friday 3rd July||1||Debbie Oates||Durno Johnston||5,760,000||10|
|131||8675||Friday 3rd July||2||Mark Burt||Durno Johnston||5,630,000||11|
|132||8676||Monday 6th July||1||Simon Crowther||Jo Johnson||6,330,000||9|
|133||8677||Monday 6th July||2||Simon Crowther||Jo Johnson||6,360,000||8|
|134||8678||Wednesday 8th July||Jonathan Harvey||Jo Johnson||6,410,000||6|
|135||8679||Thursday 9th July||Martin Allen||Jo Johnson||5,890,000||12|
|136||8680||Friday 10th July||1||Jan McVerry||Jo Johnson||5,950,000||11|
|137||8681||Friday 10th July||2||Mark Wadlow|
|138||8682||Monday 13th July||1||Damon Rochefort||Tony Prescott||7,173,000||3|
|139||8683||Monday 13th July||2||Damon Rochefort||Tony Prescott||7,080,000||4|
|140||8684||Wednesday 15th July||Chris Fewtrell||Tony Prescott||6,150,000||7|
|141||8685||Thursday 16th July||Chris Fewtrell||Tony Prescott||5,660,000||10|
|142||8686||Friday 17th July||1||Ellen Taylor||Tony Prescott||6,130,000||8|
|143||8687||Friday 17th July||2||John Kerr||Tony Prescott||5,840,000||9|
|144||8688||Monday 20th July||1||Julie Jones||Menhaj Huda||6,750,000||6|
|145||8689||Monday 20th July||2||Julie Jones||Menhaj Huda||7,116,000||3|
|146||8690||Wednesday 22nd July||Susan Oudot||Menhaj Huda||6,370,000||9|
|147||8691||Thursday 23rd July||Mark Burt||Menhaj Huda||5,970,000||13|
|148||8692||Friday 24th July||1||Jayne Hollinson||Menhaj Huda||6,420,000||8|
|149||8693||Friday 24th July||2||Ben Tagoe||Menhaj Huda||6,100,000||12|
|150||8694||Monday 27th July||1||Simon Crowther||David Kester||6,797,000||3|
|151||8695||Monday 27th July||2||Simon Crowther||David Kester||6,570,000||6|
|152||8696||Wednesday 29th July||Chris Fewtrell||David Kester||6,430,000||7|
|153||8697||Friday 31st July||1||Susan Oudot||David Kester||6,360,000||8|
|154||8698||Friday 31st July||2||Susan Oudot||David Kester||6,170,000||10|
|155||8699||Monday 3rd August||1||Julie Jones||Tim Dowd||6,880,000||4|
|156||8700||Monday 3rd August||2||Julie Jones||Tim Dowd||7,044,000||3|
|157||8701||Wednesday 5th August||John Kerr||Tim Dowd||6,817,000||5|
|158||8702||Friday 7th August||1||Jonathan Harvey||Abe Juckes||6,420,000||10|
|159||8703||Friday 7th August||2||Jonathan Harvey||Abe Juckes||6,370,000||11|
|160||8704||Monday 10th August||1||Damon Rochefort||Tim Finn||7,079,000||2|
|161||8705||Monday 10th August||2||Damon Rochefort||Tim Finn||6,960,000||5|
|162||8706||Wednesday 12th August||Mark Wadlow||Tim Finn||6,080,000||12|
|163||8707||Friday 14th August||1||Ellen Taylor||Tim Finn||6,560,000||8|
|164||8708||Friday 14th August||2||Debbie Oates||Tim Finn||6,180,000||11|
|165||8709||Monday 17th August||1||Joe Turner||Peter Rose||6,933,000||5|
|166||8710||Monday 17th August||2||Joe Turner||Peter Rose||6,770,000||7|
|167||8711||Wednesday 19th August||Ben Tagoe||Peter Rose||6,790,000||6|
|168||8712||Thursday 20th August||Martin Allen||Peter Rose||6,420,000||12|
|169||8713||Friday 21st August||1||Jan McVerry||Peter Rose||6,430,000||11|
|170||8714||Friday 21st August||2||Mark Burt||Peter Rose||6,460,000||10|
|171||8715||Monday 24th August||1||Julie Jones||Michael Lacey||6,629,000||5|
|172||8716||Monday 24th August||2||Julie Jones||Michael Lacey||6,540,000||7|
|173||8717||Wednesday 26th August||Simon Crowther||Michael Lacey||6,620,000||6|
|174||8718||Thursday 27th August||Ben Tagoe||Michael Lacey||6,180,000||10|
|175||8719||Friday 28th August||1||Chris Fewtrell||Michael Lacey||6,280,000||8|
|176||8720||Friday 28th August||2||Chris Fewtrell||Michael Lacey||6,180,000||9|
|177||8721||Monday 31st August||1||Susan Oudot||Ian Bevitt||6,620,000||7|
|178||8722||Monday 31st August||2||Susan Oudot||Ian Bevitt||6,687,000||5|
|179||8723||Wednesday 2nd September||Jonathan Harvey||Ian Bevitt||6,590,000||8|
|180||8724||Thursday 3rd September||Jonathan Harvey||Ian Bevitt||5,960,000||13|
|181||8725||Friday 4th September||1||Jayne Hollinson||Ian Bevitt||6,090,000||12|
|182||8726||Friday 4th September||2||Mark Wadlow||Ian Bevitt||6,100,000||11|
|183||8727||Monday 7th September||1||Debbie Oates||Durno Johnston||6,530,000||11|
|184||8728||Monday 7th September||2||Jan McVerry||Durno Johnston||6,710,000||9|
|185||8729||Wednesday 9th September||Damon Rochefort||Durno Johnston||6,520,000||12|
|186||8730||Thursday 10th September||Perrie Balthazar||Durno Johnston||6,180,000||14|
|187||8731||Friday 11th September||1||Joe Turner||Durno Johnston||6,550,000||10|
|188||8732||Friday 11th September||2||Joe Turner||Durno Johnston||6,360,000||13|
|189||8733||Sunday 13th September||Ellen Taylor||Nickie Lister||5,690,000||17|
|190||8734||Monday 14th September||1||Jan McVerry||Nickie Lister||6,937,000||5|
|191||8735||Monday 14th September||2||Martin Allen||Nickie Lister||6,820,000||7|
|192||8736||Wednesday 16th September||John Kerr||Nickie Lister||6,360,000||11|
|193||8737||Thursday 17th September||Susan Oudot||Nickie Lister||6,450,000||10|
|194||8738||Monday 21st September||1||Damon Rochefort||John Anderson||6,920,000||9|
|195||8739||Monday 21st September||2||Damon Rochefort||John Anderson||6,840,000||6|
|196||8740||Wednesday 23rd September||Debbie Oates||John Anderson||7,480,000||6|
|197||8741||Friday 25th September||1||Joe Turner||John Anderson||6,650,000||12|
|198||8742||Friday 25th September||2||Mark Burt||John Anderson||6,510,000||13|
|199||8743||Monday 28th September||1||Jonathan Harvey||Lee Salisbury||6,950,000||7|
|200||8744||Monday 28th September||2||Ben Tagoe||Lee Salisbury||6,590,000||9|
|201||8745||Wednesday 30th September||Mark Wadlow||Lee Salisbury||6,480,000||12|
|202||8746||Monday 5th October||1||Julie Jones||Lee Salisbury||7,040,000||8|
|203||8747||Monday 5th October||2||Perrie Balthazar||Lee Salisbury||7,180,000||7|
|204||8748||Wednesday 7th October||Martin Allen||Kay Patrick||6,720,000||11|
|205||8749||Friday 9th October||Mark Wadlow||Kay Patrick||5,200,000||25|
|206||8750||Wednesday 14th October||Damon Rochefort||Kay Patrick||6,400,000||14|
|207||8751||Friday 16th October||1||Susan Oudot||Kay Patrick||6,290,000||15|
|208||8752||Friday 16th October||2||Chris Fewtrell||Kay Patrick||5,680,000||17|
|209||8753||Monday 19th October||1||Joe Turner||Michael Lacey||6,810,000||8|
|210||8754||Monday 19th October||2||Joe Turner||Michael Lacey||6,390,000||14|
|211||8755||Wednesday 21st October||Jonathan Harvey||Michael Lacey||6,420,000||13|
|212||8756||Friday 23rd October||1||John Kerr||Michael Lacey||6,580,000||12|
|213||8757||Friday 23rd October||2||Mark Burt||Michael Lacey||5,920,000||18|
|214||8758||Monday 26th October||1||Simon Crowther||Alan Grint||6,700,000||7|
|215||8759||Monday 26th October||2||Simon Crowther||Alan Grint||6,400,000||9|
|216||8760||Wednesday 28th October||Jayne Hollinson||Alan Grint||6,500,000||8|
|217||8761||Thursday 29th October||Ellen Taylor||Alan Grint||6,150,000||11|
|218||8762||Friday 30th October||Perrie Balthazar||Alan Grint||5,880,000||16|
|219||8763||Monday 2nd November||1||John Kerr||Peter Rose||6,940,000||8|
|220||8764||Monday 2nd November||2||Ben Tagoe||Peter Rose||6,510,000||11|
|221||8765||Wednesday 4th November||Mark Wadlow||Peter Rose||6,190,000||12|
|222||8766||Thursday 5th November||Jonathan Harvey||Peter Rose||5,810,000||18|
|223||8767||Friday 6th November||1||Julie Jones||Peter Rose||5,990,000||16|
|224||8768||Friday 6th November||2||Julie Jones||Peter Rose||5,460,000||24|
|225||8769||Monday 9th November||1||Chris Fewtrell||Menhaj Huda||6,630,000||13|
|226||8770||Monday 9th November||2||Julie Jones||Menhaj Huda||6,240,000||15|
|227||8771||Wednesday 11th November||Martin Allen||Menhaj Huda||6,240,000||14|
|228||8772||Friday 13th November||Simon Crowther||Menhaj Huda||5,510,000||24|
|229||8773||Monday 16th November||1||Damon Rochefort||Tim Finn||6,580,000||14|
|230||8774||Monday 16th November||2||Damon Rochefort||Tim Finn||6,440,000||16|
|231||8775||Wednesday 18th November||Mark burt||Tim Finn||6,270,000||17|
|232||8776||Friday 20th November||1||Debbie Oates||Tim Finn||6,520,000||15|
|233||8777||Friday 20th November||2||Jan McVerry||Tim Finn||5,860,000||22|
|234||8778||Monday 23rd November||1||John Kerr||Lee Salisbury||6,960,000||9|
|235||8779||Monday 23rd November||2||Ellen Taylor||Lee Salisbury||6,870,000||10|
|236||8780||Wednesday 25th November||Mark Wadlow||Lee Salisbury||6,280,000||16|
|237||8781||Thursday 26th November||Perrie Balthazar||Lee Salisbury||6,000,000||19|
|238||8782||Friday 27th November||1||Jonathan Harvey||Lee Salisbury||6,220,000||17|
|239||8783||Friday 27th November||2||Jonathan Harvey||Lee Salisbury||5,740,000||25|
|240||8784||Monday 30th November||Susan Oudot||Ian Bevitt||7,020,000||9|
|241||8785||Wednesday 2nd December||Damon Rochefort||Ian Bevitt||6,250,000||19|
|242||8786||Friday 4th December||1||Martin Allen||Ian Bevitt||6,570,000||16|
|243||8787||Friday 4th December||2||Martin Allen||Ian Bevitt||6,200,000||20|
|244||8788||Monday 7th December||1||Julie Jones||Nickie Lister||6,530,000||10|
|245||8789||Monday 7th December||2||Julie Jones||Nickie Lister||6,210,000||13|
|246||8790||Wednesday 9th December||Ben Tagoe||Nickie Lister||6,270,000||12|
|247||8791||Friday 11th December||1||Simon Crowther||Nickie Lister||6,190,000||14|
|248||8792||Friday 11th December||2||Simon Crowther||Nickie Lister||5,580,000||16|
|249||8793||Monday 14th December||1||Jayne Hollinson||Audrey Cooke||6,520,000||10|
|250||8794||Monday 14th December||2||Mark Burt||Audrey Cooke||6,090,000||14|
|251||8795||Wednesday 16th December||Joe Turner||Audrey Cooke||6,070,000||15|
|252||8796||Thursday 17th December||Chris Fewtrell||Audrey Cooke||5,510,000||20|
|253||8797||Friday 18th December||Chris Fewtrell||Audrey Cooke||6,130,000||12|
|254||8798||Monday 21st December||1||Simon Crowther||Judith Dine||6,010,000||21|
|255||8799||Monday 21st December||2||Simon Crowther||Judith Dine||5,890,000||23|
|256||8800||Wednesday 23rd December||Jan McVerry||Judith Dine||5,910,000||22|
|257||8801||Thursday 24th December||Jonathan Harvey||Judith Dine||5,700,000||27|
|258||8802||Friday 25th December||Julie Jones||Judith Dine||5,590,000||29|
|259||8803||Monday 28th December||1||Debbie Oates||Durno Johnston||6,610,000||15|
|260||8804||Monday 28th December||2||Debbie Oates||Durno Johnston||6,490,000||17|
|261||8805||Wednesday 30th December||Ellen Taylor||Durno Johnston||6,450,000||19|
|262||8806||Thursday 31st December||Susan Oudot||Durno Johnston||5,850,000||25|
- Gary Windass and Alya Nazir resolve to have a fresh start with each other. Owen Armstrong snipes at him for his actions and for deserting his daughter Izzy, creating a rift between himself and Anna Windass.
- Yasmeen Nazir sees off the thugs tormenting Roy Cropper, as she knows the police officer father of one of them. Roy appears in court for assaulting Gary and is sentenced to community service. He ends up working this for Yasmeen at Jamila House. Gary appears in court for breaking and entering and is similarly sentenced to community service, working on clearing up the Red Rec. Roy gives Gary at job at the café and his working relationship with Anna, damaged when he attacker her son, starts to improve.
- David Platt and Eva Price search for Kylie Platt, crossing Callum Logan’s path as they do so. He warns David off however Gemma Winter poses as Kylie when she is arrested for shoplifting and David finds out that Kylie stayed with Callum after Christmas. Going back to The Dog & Gun, David is warned off by Callum once more. Callum starts to appear on the Street to see Max Turner. A worried David finds out that he has no legal rights to Max as he never formally adopted him.
- Luke Britton and Maria Connor start to go out but he almost blows his chances when Maria's son Liam misses being run down chasing a ball that Luke kicks for him.
- Michelle Connor goes out with Hamish Young, having written Steve McDonald off. Liz McDonald grows more worried about her son and takes him to Spain with her but his condition isn’t improved upon their return.
- Although Kirk Sutherland frets about the wedding, and Alya almost ruins the dress that Sinead Tinker made for her, the 1980s-themed nuptials go well with Beth Tinker's family coming to join in the celebrations along with Kirk’s parents who invite the happy couple to stay in Cyprus with them for the honeymoon.
- Mary Taylor is upset as Julie Carp starts to get involved in the twins' lives, upsetting her carefully-set routine. She refuses to join Dev Alahan and Julie as they take the twins out for a birthday treat. She is reconciled with Dev when she discovers he sponsors children in Mumbai.
- Tony Stewart has a paid thug wreck Barlow's Buys with the successful purpose of buying into the business on a partnership basis with Tracy Barlow. She plays with fire by sleeping with him.
- Gavin Rodwell has several near-misses to keep his real identity a secret. He and Steph Britton become an item. Michael Rodwell proposes to Gail McIntyre but loses his nerve over her shocked reaction. She makes up to him by proposing himself and is accepted. Michael collapses at the ensuing celebration and is told he must have open-heart surgery. Gavin hears the news and tries to do a runner. Steph stops him and learns his name is really Andy Carver, a friend of the real Gavin’s. Realising that the shock could kill Michael, she joins in Andy’s deception.
- The bistro undergoes a refurbishment.
- Sean Tully starts to go out with Billy Mayhew.
- Carla Connor wins a business award and reluctantly agrees to attend the event to collect it, together with the Underworld staff. Steve drives them there in a Street Cars minibus but it is forced off the road by joyriders and crashes onto the lip of a quarry. Steve can’t cope with the trauma and confesses his depression to a supportive Michelle. Tracy saves Carla’s life before the minibus crashes into the quarry. Sinead is badly injured in the initial crash and loses the feeling in her legs. People start to blame Steve and Michelle is forced to tell everyone about his depression. He attends therapy sessions. Sinead is delighted to regain some feeling.
- Tony helps Eva find a house for her and a reluctant Jason Grimshaw. A jealous Todd starts to stir things up with Jason, suggesting his girlfriend is more than friendly with his father.
- David sees a solicitor and finds out he has certain legal rights over Max as he has been a father to him for so long. Callum starts to integrate himself with Katy Armstrong and Max. David warns Katy of Callum’s drug-dealing but he swears that part of his life is over and he now runs a security firm. Fixated on his looks, Katy overlooks the signs that Callum means trouble. Under threat of losing Max, Callum forces David to give him an alibi when the police investigate him selling drugs. He then gives David a delivery of cocaine to pass on but he washes it down the sink. Gail and Audrey Roberts confront Callum who is livid at their attitude towards him. In revenge, Callum tells Max who he really is.
- Faye Windass starts to play truant from school, telling Craig Tinker that the other children are saying she’s fat. Anna and Owen realise something is wrong but can't get to the bottom of the problem. Faye and Craig go through an internet questionnaire which points to her being pregnant. She gets a testing kit which proves positive and swears Craig to silence, petrified that Anna will disown her.
- The bistro re-opens under its old name of "Nick’s Bistro".
- Norris Cole irritates Maddie Heath with his rudeness in the Kabin and by puncturing a football that Simon Barlow is playing with. In revenge, she sabotages a magazine wholesale order and takes other actions which cause Norris to doubt his state of mind. She feels guilty with the effect that she has on him and confesses her actions.
- The house Tony finds falls through but he and Eva keep on looking. Todd follows them to a house auction at a hotel and sets things up to get Jason there. He arrives just as Eva gives Tony a hug and a kiss after a successful purchase and draws the conclusion that Todd wanted him to. Although Eva convinces him of what has actually happened, she's devastated by Jason's assumptions and goes to France to stay with Gloria Price.
- Roy looks after Joseph Brown, annoying Sinead who can’t get his attack on Gary out of her mind. However she summons him to the hospital and makes her peace with him, telling him to start living his own life. Her advice causes Roy to come to terms with his bereavement and he finally scatters Hayley’s ashes in North Cross Park where they first kissed.
- Sharif Nazir gets more obsessed about his chickens when they start to lay eggs, not knowing that Kal Nazir has been putting shop-bought ones in the coop as he's tired of his endless talking on the subject.
- Steve’s returning confidence is temporarily set back when Lloyd Mullaney returns from Spain and blames him for the crash and the firm’s problems. Michelle and Liz are livid with the way that he treats his old friend. When he’s had time to digest the news, he and Steve resume their friendship although it is strained.
- Michael goes into hospital for his operation which is a success, although Andy continues to keep his true identity a secret so as not to harm his recovery. Gail and Michael agree to get married in four weeks' time.
- Dev goes to Mumbai to visit relatives and his sponsored team. Julie, Mary and Sophie Webster clash over the responsibilities of the Corner Shop and looking after the twins. Julie invites the two women to dinner to make the peace with them.
- Owen is stunned when his ex-wife Linda Hancock turns up from Portugal after twenty years absence wanting to see Izzy and Katy. Katy has been led to believe by Owen that it was her disability diagnosis that caused her mother to walk out on her, although Linda doesn't tell her the truth that Owen has always blocked access. Katy wants to get to know her mother, upsetting Owen who tells her to keep clear. Anna start to get jealous of Linda's glamorous looks. Provoked by Owen, Linda tells the girls the truth. Izzy is devastated.
- Kevin Webster goes internet dating through which he meets up with a face from the past - Jenny Bradley. Sally Webster and Sophie are appalled at his choice of girlfriend but both agree to keep their counsel. Emily Bishop and Norris worry about Rita Tanner's reaction. Knowing of her past, Norris verbally lays into Jenny. Rita herself returns from seeing Mavis Wilton and walks in on Kevin and Jenny in the Rovers. Jenny is honest about her past mistakes but Rita doesn't believe her and warns her that she's watching her every move.
- Sinead’s slow recovery continues. After several weeks, and with assistance, she manages to sit up in bed. She receives support from fellow patient Sam Hayden, causing Chesney Brown to be jealous. Sinead's gran Agnes Tinker comes to stay to help out at home, upsetting Beth who she clashes with.
- Tony and Tracy continue their flings. Tony gets nervous as Tracy gets deliberately careless with what she says. Ken Barlow almost catches them in the act at No.1. When Tracy says too much in front of Liz, Tony threatens her. They agree ground rules but Tracy demands a weekend away. Tony buys stolen goods from a contact in Rochdale but are almost caught by the police.
- With Eva gone, Eileen Grimshaw is taken on as a barmaid at the Rovers. She is dreadful but she thinks she's doing a good job. Tracy complains about her service and Liz, already angry about her business dealings with Tony, bars her.
- Luke and Maria's relationship develops although he makes a mess of tiling her kitchen.
- Anna takes to see Dr Gaddas who fails to diagnose the pregnancy. Faye has an embarrassing meeting with Jackson Hodge, the baby's father, at a school meeting. Faye wants to have the baby secretly in the vacant Corner Shop flat and then have Craig take it to the hospital and dump it there. She gets the reluctant lad involved in the plan. Tim Metcalfe suspects something is going on between them.
- Liz tries to make-up with Tracy but is rebuffed. Eileen is sacked from the Rovers.
- Callum starts to shower Max with presents, integrating himself with him and causing a rift between the boy and David. He takes up Michael's suggestion that he lets Callum see Max under his terms and conditions. Callum's solicitor suggests mediation and David goes along with it but loses his temper when the crook puts on a front of being a reformed character. David is also forced into joining Callum for day's out with Max.
- Jenny tries to give Rita back £300 of the £1,000 she gave her but Rita angrily tears the cheque up. Jenny continues to go out with Kevin, much to everyone's disapproval. Jenny reacts strangely when Jack Webster almost chokes on a shallot. Kevin convinces Rita to leave Jenny and him alone as he needs a chance of happiness. Rita feels the girl has changed in some way that she can't put her finger on.
- Andy and Steph are stunned when the real Gavin Rodwell returns from travelling in Thailand. He quickly discovers Andy's deception and is livid that he's brought his hated father back into his life. He blackmails Andy for £5,000 to keep quiet but Andy hasn't got the money. He and Steph concoct a plan to claim Andy was robbed of the bistro's savings when he was taking them to the bank but this only raises £2,476. Gavin waits until Michael has left for the wedding and introduces himself to Gail. She is so rocked to find out that what has been going on that she misses the ceremony and the wedding doesn't take place. Gavin also blackmails Gail and, also to save an ill Michael from finding out the truth, she too complies, but makes her hatred of Andy clear. With his £5,000 in his pocket, Gavin leaves to travel again but within hours dies of his hereditary heart condition. Gail is invited by Barbara Deakin to the funeral where she meets Michael's ex-wife Susan Meldrum. She wants to bury the hatchet with Michael but Gail uses his ill-health to keep them apart. Michael is told that his operation was a failure and he needs a heart transplant. Gail tells a shaken Andy that for the sake of Michael’s health, he must always remain as Gavin, Michael’s son. Andy moves in with Steph.
- Roy and Sharif compete to be given a free allotment space. The two are interviewed and Sharif wins but he agrees to share it with Roy however the two quickly find themselves at odds over what should be grown in the space.
- Keen not to lose his girls permanently, Owen becomes friendly with Linda, making Anna jealous. At her hen night, a tipsy Gail delights in telling Owen and Anna that Callum is a drug dealer. Katy defends her boyfriend but when he calls her a slapper, she drops him instantly. Linda suggests that Izzy, Katy and Joseph move to Portugal permanently with her. Izzy refuses, as does Katy at first, but thinking that there is nothing for her in Weatherfield any more, she finally agrees, Chesney at first is resistant but finally agrees. Katy and Joseph depart for their new life.
- Sinead is depressed at the slow progress she is making on her physiotherapy. She calls a taxi and returns to Coronation Street, intending to prove to Chesney that she is independent, but she has a fall inside No.5 and has to be taken back to hospital by ambulance.
- Billy asks Emily for help in hosting a comedy night at the church to raise funds. She appears uncomfortable with the idea and Sean attacks her her homophobia. Emily angrily tells him her problem was the comedy night as she is a traditionalist on church matters. Billy and Sean break up when Billy is reluctant to tell his parishioners about their relationship or that he is gay. Emily brings them back together again.
- Leanne and Simon are forced to spend a few days at No.6 when the electrics in their flat fail. As a result, Zeedan Nazir and Simon become friendly towards each other after some initial friction. Sharif finds out that the lads having been having him on about the eggs.
- Emily suggests a butler auction to raise church charity funds. It held in the Rovers where Sally is forced to put herself up for auction by a stirring Jenny and Norris bids the winning amount for her. He proceeds to make her life a living hell on the day that she provides services for him.
- Eileen starts internet dating with her profile being written up by Todd, setting his mother up for his own reasons. Eileen however backs out of going out with a man who gets in touch with her.
- Lloyd and Steve are still somewhat distant with each other. Michelle finds an unpaid tax demand for £10,700 in Steve's mail and worries how it will effect his recovery from his depression. Tony agrees to loan him the money from the sale of the house he bought for Jason and Eva. This angers Tracy who wants to expand the business and she finishes her affair with him.
- Bethany Platt turns up suddenly in Weatherfield having run away from Milan. She refuses to return home and Sarah Platt is forced to follow her daughter over. Bethany acts up as the teenager from hell in No.8. She convinces her mum of her unhappiness in Italy. Jason sees that his ex-wife has returned.
- Steve proposes to Michelle but grows concerned that she only said yes out of pity. To show that she wants him, she proposes to him in front of the Rovers' regulars. Lloyd toasts his friend's good fortune.
- Faye goes into premature labour and her family are shocked to find that she is having a baby. Owen suspects Craig of being the father and attacks him, driving a further wedge between him and Anna. Owen is arrested and cautioned. Faye confesses that Jackson is the baby of the father. The Hodge's are summoned to be told their son is a dad but he denies having had sex with Faye and his parents believe him. Faye rejects the child and Owen and Anna row when she refuses to have her adopted and instead plans to give up work to raise her. She tells him she's no longer in love with him and he leaves the area to work in Aberdeen. Faye accepts the baby, who she calls Miley. Tim is in raptures over his granddaughter.
- Bethany stirs things up between Sarah and Jason, making out that both are still keen on the other. They realise what she is up to and scare her by telling her that Jason is moving back to Milan with them. Bethany then sabotages Sarah's attempt to get her to return by getting her sacked by Stephen Reid for lying about a piece of work she's supposed to complete for him. Faced with remaining, Sarah looks for work and gets a job at the Rovers.
- Callum takes an interest in Sarah and pays court to her. She reciprocates and the two begin an clandestine affair. David suspects something is going on but it is Nick who catches them together. He warns Sarah to tell David what she is up to before he does.
- Steve continues his recovery but starts to stress over the cost of the wedding, Liz gets a reluctant Tony to agree to pay for it.
- Tracy and Tony re-start their relationship. Tracy demands the Rovers and Tony agrees, tired of his dismissive treatment by Liz. He lies to her that he's in desperate need of money and she gets Steve to agree to sell his stake in the Rovers to raise the money. Todd realises that Tracy and Tony are an item and blackmails her into a pay rise.
- Nick and Carla start to become friendly and spend time together.
- Eileen goes on several dates with Adrian Mortimer and enjoys his company however her head is also turned by messages from another contact - Jeff in Dubai, who interests her with his on-line charm and obvious riches. She has no idea that it is a cruel prank and that Jeff is really Todd using an alias.
- Julie’s put out when Dev calls to tell her that one of his uncles has died and he’ll be staying in India for longer.
- Sean and Billy are the victim of a homophobic pub landlord in the Peak District. Julie annoys Sean when she reports their story to the Weatherfield Gazette as it exposes their relationship to Billy's parishioners.
- Callum tells David he's cancelling the mediation and applying for custody of Max. David is puzzled when he sees Gail buying flowers on several occasions and follows her to Gavin's grave. She's forced to tell him the truth about Andy. Desperate to get at Callum, David blackmails Andy into planting drugs in Callum's car but it goes wrong and Callum administers a beating to David.
- Roy and Sharif meet widow Cathy Matthews whose late husband had the next-door allotment pitch. Sharif upsets her by making plans to get the overgrown pitch from her. Roy tries to make amends but Cathy is nervous of getting to know him.
- Gail gets more stressed over her deception with Gavin/Andy. Steph also feels the strain and Luke forces her to tell him the truth. He punches Andy for the trouble he's caused for his sister. Maria finishes with him for being the sort of man who uses his fists to solve problems. Gail loses her nerve at the wedding and almost calls it off but when she sees how committed Michael is to her, she happily goes through with the ceremony and the two go on honeymoon paid for by Nick. Andy packs a bag and prepares to leave, but returns, telling Steph he can't do it.
- Sinead progresses enough for her to return home. Chesney is jealous of the friendship she has struck up with fellow-patient Sam Hayden in the hospital. Alya sets up a new bespoke design website for Underworld and gives the sewing work to Sinead to be done at home and keep her occupied.
- Jenny starts to take care of Jack. She quits her job to become his child-minder though she lies to Kevin that she was made redundant. To strangers, she claims Jack is her son. Jenny slaps Maria in an argument over a fall-out between Jack and Liam Connor Jr.. She lies to everyone that Maria attacked her and is believed by all except Sophie. She tries to warn Kevin that something is wrong with Jenny but the two fall out and Sophie moves in with her mother. Jenny starts to make excuses to spend more and more time with Jack.
- Sally is annoyed at some artistic graffiti that's been painted on the side of No.4 and vows to find who is responsible.
- Tyrone, Gary and Luke organise a curry night with the food cooked by Roy. Gary challenges Luke to make a better one.
Who lives whereEdit
- Rovers Return Inn - Steve and Liz McDonald, Tony Stewart (until May), Michelle Connor (from January), Aidan Connor (from August).
- 1 Coronation Street - Ken, Tracy and Amy Barlow. Robert Preston (August to December).
- Audreys Salon flat (No.2a) - Maria Connor and Liam Connor Jr..
- 3 Coronation Street - Emily Bishop, Norris Cole.
- 4 Coronation Street - Sally Webster/Metcalfe and Tim Metcalfe.
- 5 Coronation Street - Chesney Brown and Sinead Tinker, Kirk Sutherland, Beth Tinker/Sutherland and Craig Tinker.
- 6 Coronation Street - Sharif, Yasmeen, Alya and Zeedan Nazir. Kal Nazir (until March).
- 7 Coronation Street - Dev, Aadi and Asha Alahan. Mary Taylor (from May)
- 8 Coronation Street - Gail McIntyre/Rodwell, David and Lily Platt, Max Turner, Michael Rodwell (until June), Sarah and Bethany Platt (both March to May). Kylie Platt (from June).
- 9 Coronation Street - Tyrone and Ruby Dobbs, Fiz and Hope Stape, Luke Britton.
- Kabin flat (No.10a) - Rita Tanner.
- 11 Coronation Street - Eileen Grimshaw and Sean Tully, Todd Grimshaw (until June), Jason Grimshaw (from February), Michael Rodwell (June only).
- 12 Coronation Street - Julie Carp (until July).
- 13 Coronation Street - Kevin, Jack and Sophie Webster. Maddie Heath (until June).
- Corner Shop flat (No15a) - Erica Holroyd (from November).
- Bookies flat (No.19a) - Owen Armstrong (until April), Anna, Gary and Faye Windass, Miley Windass (April to June).
- Jamila House flat (No.14a) - Empty
- Street Cars flat (No.15a) - Lloyd Mullaney and Andrea Beckett (both until September). Johnny and Kate Connor (both from December).
- Roy's Rolls flat (No.16a) - Roy Cropper. Cathy Matthews (August to September).
- Prima Doner flat (No.18a) - Leanne Tilsley and Simon Barlow. Eva Price (until February and from September). Jason Grimshaw (until February). Kal Nazir (March until May).
- Builder's Yard flat (No.19a) - Steph Britton, Katy Armstrong and Joseph Brown (both until March). Andy Carver (from March). Michael Rodwell (from July).
- 8 Victoria Court - Nick Tilsley. Sarah and Bethany Platt (from May).
- 12 Victoria Court - Carla Barlow/Connor. Michelle Connor (January only).
- Flat 3, 9 Cheapstow Road - Andy Carver (until March).
- 5 Grasmere Drive - Audrey Roberts.
- 28 Grayling Street - Izzy Armstrong and Jake Windass.
- Motorhome - Mary Taylor (until May).
- St. Mary's Vicarage - Billy Mayhew.
- Unknown flat - Callum Logan (until October).
Awards and nominationsEdit
To be added
|Coronation Street in the 2010s|
|← 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 →|