The Chariot Square Hotel was the venue for the wedding of Steve McDonald and Tracy Barlow in October 2018. This was Tracy's second choice however, as the castle she had her heart set upon burned down. On the day of the wedding, Tracy viciously vandalised Michelle Connor's car in the hopes that Abi Franklin would take the blame - as Tracy believed Abi and Steve had been having an affair. Abi was later able to prove her innocence and Tracy ultimately discovered Leanne Battersby had been the one to have slept with Steve - leading to a fight between the pair. Michelle's car was caught up in a crash while she was on her way to pick up Robert Preston from the hotel, after being driven off the road by Ronan Truman. The crash left Ronan dead, at the hands of Ali Neeson, as well as Leanne and Ryan Connor fighting for their lives.
In November of the same year the hotel hosted the North West Regional Stylist Awards and then in December Gail Rodwell followed Lewis Archer to the hotel and witnessed him meeting with an associate of his - Lynn.
- The Chariot Square Hotel is actually an elaborate set housed above the Weatherfield Police Station at the MediaCity studios, and since February 2020 has been a feature on the Coronation Street Tour.
List of appearances
- Mon 8th Oct (1) - Reception rooms and bedroom
- Mon 8th Oct (2) - Reception rooms, hotel rooms and corridor
- Wed 10th Oct (1) - Reception rooms and bedroom
- Wed 10th Oct (2) - Reception rooms, bedroom, honeymoon suite and corridor
- Fri 12th Oct (1) - Reception rooms, corridor and honeymoon suite
- Mon 12th Nov (1) - Function room
- Mon 12th Nov (2) - Function room and corridor
- Fri 28th Dec (1) - Bar area and corridor
- Wed 20th Mar (1) - Wedding suite
- Wed 31st Jul (1) - Function room and corridor
- Wed 31st Jul (2) - Function room and corridor
- Mon 9th Sep (1) - Function room
- Mon 9th Sep (2) - Function room, corridors and room 204
- Wed 11th Sep (1) - Ray Crosby's office
- Mon 7th Oct (1) - Bar area
- Fri 8th Nov - Function room
- Mon 11th Nov (1) - Bar area