Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Coronation Street history
- 1916 - Leonard Swindley is born.
- 1960 - Florrie Lindley takes over the corner shop from Elsie Lappin.
- 1963 - Florrie Lindley wins £40 at the bingo.
- 1964 - Willie Piggott, father of a pupil at Bessie Street School, tries to bribe Ken Barlow to ensure his son passes his exams.
- 1970 - Betty Turpin is made head barmaid at the Rovers.
- 1982 - Becky Palmer is born.
- 1994 - Curly Watts asks Raquel Wolstenhulme to marry him.
- 1996 - Mike Baldwin sacks machinist Tricia Armstrong to get out of paying her while she is on maternity leave. Sally Webster resigns on principle, but Mike refuses to budge.
- 1998 - Tony Horrocks returns to the street and is arrested.
- 2001 - Duggie Ferguson announces his plans to sell the Rovers.
- 2002 - Kevin Webster marries Sally Webster for the second time.
- 2020 - After setting fire to 6 Coronation Street, Geoff Metcalfe climbs onto the roof in pursuit of his wife, Yasmeen. However, whilst going to attack her, he slips and falls from the roof to his death.
- 1960 - Coronation Street debuts at 7.00pm on ITV.
- 1990 - The programme celebrates its thirtieth anniversary with a one-and-a-half hour spectacular hosted by Cilla Black entitled Happy Birthday Coronation Street.
- 2010 - Coronation Street celebrates its fiftieth anniversary with a live episode, part of a week of seven special episodes featuring a tram crashing onto the street. The live episode also features the first appearance of Hope Stape and the final appearance of Molly Dobbs.
Episodes were broadcast on 9th December on the following years:
- 1960s - 1960, 1963, 1964, 1968
- 1970s - 1970, 1974
- 1980s - 1981, 1985, 1987
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2002 (I) (II), 2005, 2007
- 2010s - 2010, 2011 (I) (II), 2015, 2016 (I) (II), 2019
- 2020s - 2020
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|