Coronation Street history
- 1955 - Deirdre Hunt born.
- 1964 - The Ogdens buy No. 13 for £575.
- 1970 - Alan Howard proposes to Elsie Tanner but is refused.
- 1974 - Lucille Hewitt goes to Ireland to avoid seeing Gordon Clegg. She decides to stay there for good. Maggie Clegg has her hen party. Idris Hopkins joins his family in looking over the Corner Shop that they're going to buy.
- 1991 - Newly-wed Jackie Baldwin discovers Mike's deceit over the ownership of the cafe and its flat.
- 1994 - Deirdre Barlow returns from holiday in Morocco having had a romance there with Samir Rachid.
- 2010 - Carla Connor finds out that Nick Tilsley has started a new factory for production rather than resurrect their Underworld business.
- 2011 - Julie Carp finds out that the Grimshaws are related to Dennis Tanner. Roof & Refuge's con is unmasked as Rob White disappears with £20,000 that Sophie Webster stole from her dad Kevin, believing that the charity needed the money to buy a house for the homeless. Kevin tackles James Cunningham, believing he was in on the scam.
- 2015 - Deirdre passes away just hours before she was due to return to Weatherfield. The news was broken to her family by friend Bev Unwin who she had been staying with for the past nine months.
- 2016 - Billy Mayhew finishes with Sean Tully after falling for Todd Grimshaw. He and Todd then share their first kiss.
- 1936 - Tony Warren, creator of Coronation Street, is born.
- 1964 - Jean Alexander starts her twenty-three-year stint in the show as Hilda Ogden.
- 1973 - Sally Lindsay (Shelley Unwin) born.
- 1974 - First appearance of Idris Hopkins.
- 1985 - Holly Chamarette takes over the role of Tracy Langton.
Episodes were broadcast on 8th July on the following years:
- 1960s - 1963, 1964, 1968
- 1970s - 1970, 1974
- 1980s - 1981, 1985, 1987
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2009
- 2010s - 2010, 2011 (I) (II), 2012, 2013 (I) (II), 2015, 2016 (I) (II), 2019 (I) (II)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.