Coronation Street history
- 1970 - Alan Howard returns to Weatherfield after a four month absence and restarts his tempestuous relationship with Elsie Tanner again.
- 1977 - Bet Lynch and Renee Bradshaw are lured by two men, Les Fox and Eric Bailey to a non-existent party in Ashton-under-Lyne in order to give them a chance to rob the Corner Shop.
- 1983 - Mike Baldwin entertains a Russian trade delegation in the factory.
- 1988 - Rovers cleaner Sandra Stubbs is beaten up by her husband Ronnie when she refuses to take him back.
- 1990 - A free bus service from Bettabuy starts to pick up customers in Coronation Street. Alf Roberts is not best pleased...
- 1992 - Following his attempt at a suicidal car crash, Don Brennan's lower right leg is amputated.
- 2003 - Birth of Simon Richards (later Barlow).
- 2009 - David Platt attacks Jason Grimshaw when he finds out Jason is seeing his ex-girlfriend Tina McIntyre.
- 2012 - Steve McDonald and Lloyd Mullaney go into partnership at Street Cars again.
- 1935 - Director Derrick Goodwin born.
- 1992 - Coronation Street's first one-hour episode is broadcast when two normal half-hour episodes are edited together and shown at 7.00pm directly opposite the new BBC soap Eldorado.
- 1993 - Sue Nicholls (Audrey Roberts) and Mark Eden (Alan Bradley) are married.
- 2003 - First appearance of Simon Barlow.
Episodes were broadcast on 6th July on the following years:
- 1960s - 1966
- 1970s - 1970, 1977
- 1980s - 1981, 1983, 1987, 1988
- 1990s - 1990, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2012 (I) (II), 2015 (I) (II), 2017, 2018 (I) (II)
- 2020s - 2021, 2022
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|