The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1964 - Stan Ogden aka "Ogden the Terrible" takes part in his one and only professional wrestling match, losing to Ian Campbell.
- 1966 - Linda Cheveski confesses to Elsie Tanner that the reason she and Ivan returned from Canada was because she had an affair while living there.
- 1981 - Brian Tilsley is charged with unlawfully wounding Ronnie Burgess who tried to rob Fourways Garage.
- 1997 - Ken Barlow sees Deirdre Rachid's boyfriend and supposed pilot Jon Lindsay working in the tie shop at Manchester Airport.
- 1998 - Natalie Horrocks moves in with Des Barnes.
- 2001 - Peter Barlow opens Barlow's Bookies.
- 2003 - Todd Grimshaw kisses a furious Nick Tilsley.
- 2012 - Maria Connor learns that a lump on her breast is benign. She shares a kiss with Marcus Dent, her gay friend. They dismiss it and agree never to mention it again.
- 2015 - Sally Webster and Tim Metcalfe are married. Tim almost jilts Sally due to her kiss with Kevin but is talked round by Kevin and Craig Tinker. Johnny and Kate Connor tell Carla Connor that the money Aidan Connor invested in Underworld was actually Johnny's.
- 2016 - David Platt is arrested for perverting the course of justice after he exposes Clayton Hibbs as Kylie's killer by putting up posters.
- 1929 - Fred Feast (Fred Gee) born.
- 1941 - Stephanie Cole (Sylvia Goodwin) born.
- 1980 - The programme is presented with a Variety Club of Great Britain Silver Heart award at a special luncheon at the Piccadilly Hotel in Manchester. Doris Speed accepted the award on behalf of the programme.
- 2006 - Jennifer Moss (Lucille Hewitt) died.
- 2015 - First appearance of Johnny and Kate Connor.
Episodes were broadcast on 5th October on the following years:
- 1960s - 1964, 1966
- 1970s - 1970, 1977
- 1980s - 1981, 1983, 1987, 1988
- 1990s - 1990, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007 (I) (II), 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2012 (I) (II), 2015 (I) (II), 2016, 2018 (I) (II)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.