Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1939 - Albert Tatlock gets a job as a clerk at the Town Hall. The pupils at Bessie Street School, including Beattie Tatlock are evacuated to Blackpool. Sam Burgess signs up for the army.
- 1963 - Walter Potts's debut concert as Brett Falcon takes place where Jerry Booth meets Myra Dickinson, the concert secretary's daughter.
- 1967 - Elsie Tanner arrives at St. Stephen's Church in Warrington to marry wartime sweetheart Steve Tanner.
- 1972 - While most of the Street residents are at the Preston Guild, Ena Sharples' grandson Jason Lomax is taken from outside the Rovers when Annie Walker refuses to allow his pram inside the pub.
- 1978 - After entertaining a client and being too intoxicated to drive, Elsie Tanner asks taxi driver Ron Mather to take Mike Baldwin home.
- 1989 - Wendy Crozier is sacked for being the "Town Hall Mole" after Deirdre Barlow outs her. Ken Barlow instantly offers her job on the Weatherfield Recorder.
- 1992 - Nick Tilsley starts at Weatherfield Comprehensive where he makes a new friend - Mark Redman, unknown to him that he is Mike Baldwin's son by Maggie Dunlop.
- 1998 - Runaway Toyah Battersby is found in Epping Forest after she escaped from abusive Neil Flynn, mistaking him for her long-lost father Ronnie Clegg.
- 2006 - Claire Peacock, suffering from Post Natal Depression, attacks Hayley Cropper when she thinks that she abused her baby Freddie.
- 2011 - A drunken Carla Connor crashes her car into Barlow's Bookies, hitting Stella Price in the process.
- 2015 - Leanne Tilsley admits to Zeedan Nazir that her stepson Simon has been physically abusing her for weeks.
- 1945 - Bill Kenwright (the first actor to portray Gordon Clegg) is born.
- 1961 - Kevin Kennedy (Curly Watts) is born.
- 2013 - Betsie and Emmie Taylor (the second set of twins to portray Lily Platt) are born.
Episodes were broadcast on 4th September on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972, 1974, 1978
- 1980s - 1985, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006 (I) (II), 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2011, 2013, 2015 (I) (II), 2019 (I) (II)
- The Brothers McGregor - The Getaway Car (1985 - the programme's first episode)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.