Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1963 - Frank Barlow and Christine Appleby set a date for their wedding.
- 1968 - A depressed Elsie Tanner opens up to Len Fairclough about the downfall of her marriage to Steve Tanner.
- 1971 Jenny Bradley is born.
- 1981 - Mike Baldwin buys a flat at St. Mary's Place. Annie Walker persuades the Rovers staff to return after temporary manager Gordon Lewis' sacking of Fred Gee caused them to resign. Emily Bishop returns home to discover her estranged bigamist husband Arnold Swain is waiting for her.
- 1991 - Alec Gilroy decides to sell the Rovers Return.
- 2001 - Todd Grimshaw dumps Candice Stowe after finding out she cheated on him with Darren Michaels.
- 2005 - Katy Harris bludgeons her father Tommy to death in a fit of rage after finding out how he schemed to persuade her to abort her and Martin Platt's baby.
- 2009 - Tina McIntyre splits up with David Platt.
- 2011 - David Platt reveals to friends and family that he is engaged to Kylie Turner.
- 2016 - Aidan Connor fires Eva Price from her job at Underworld.
- 2019 - Shona Ramsey stabs her son Clayton Hibbs in self-defence after he takes her hostage.
- 1968 - The Independent Television Service for Wales and the West broadcasts its first episode of Coronation Street, the day after Television Wales and the West (TWW) had pulled out of its franchise early after an acrimonious spat with the Independent Television Authority (ITA).
Episodes were broadcast on 4th March on the following years:
- 1960s - 1963, 1964, 1968
- 1970s - 1970, 1974
- 1980s - 1981, 1985, 1987
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2009
- 2010s - 2010, 2011 (I) (II), 2013 (I) (II), 2015, 2016 (I) (II), 2019 (I) (II)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|