Coronation Street history
- 1964 - Hilda Ogden is taken on as cleaner at the Rovers, a position she would occupy for the next twenty-three years.
- 1970 - Annie Walker returns from Derby a widow, having buried husband Jack there.
- 1981 - The residents watch the Royal Wedding on a colour television in the Select of the Rovers hired by Eddie Yeats when Annie Walker's set breaks down.
- 1987 - Mike Baldwin sacks his own wife Susan for stopping an order leaving the factory to a customer who hadn't paid.
- 1990 - Ed and Aggie Bailey are married.
- 1991 - Deirdre Barlow discovers boyfriend Phil Jennings is married and that she is just one of his many women.
- 1992 - Don Brennan moves into a B&B after his release from hospital rather than return to wife Ivy.
- 1998 - Hayley Patterson starts work at Underworld.
- 2007 - Jamie Baldwin discovers that Violet Wilson is pregnant with Sean Tully's baby.
- 2013 - Paul Kershaw is charged with a public order offence when police witness him punching Lloyd Mullaney.
- 2016 - Eileen Grimshaw finds out about her son Todd's relationship with Billy Mayhew when she overhears their conversation over a faulty taxi radio.
- 1933 - Peter Baldwin (Derek Wilton) born.
- 1951 - Bob Mason (acted as Terry Bradshaw and later wrote for the programme) born.
- 1968 - Although scheduled no episode was transmitted on this date due to a half-hour strike (starting at 7.30pm) by technicians at Granada Television. This was one of a series of incidents that occurred as part of the 1968 ITV Strike.
- 1974 - First appearance of Gail Potter.
- 1991 - Final appearance of Phil Jennings.
Episodes were broadcast on 29th July on the following years:
- 1960s - 1963, 1964
- 1970s - 1970, 1974
- 1980s - 1981, 1985, 1987
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2002, 2005, 2007
- 2010s - 2010, 2011 (I) (II), 2013 (I) (II), 2015, 2019 (I) (II)
- 2020s - 2020, 2022
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|