Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1955 - Les Battersby born.
- 1963 - Elsie Tanner refuses Len Fairclough's proposal of marriage.
- 1972 - A lonely Maggie Clegg meets Ron Cooke.
- 1974 - Ken Barlow manages to avert a strike at the Mark Brittain Warehouse by getting management to agree to a union but the agreement costs militant Peggy Barton her job.
- 1978 - Hilda Ogden makes Stan take a bath every night so that they get their value from their rates but he falls asleep in the water with the taps running.
- 1985 - Unable to live in the Street any longer after Terry Duckworth got Andrea pregnant, the Clayton family move out of No.11.
- 1989 - Mike Baldwin completes the sale of the factory to builder Maurice Jones. Some of the residents start to fear for their jobs.
- 1995 - Ivy Brennan's funeral takes place.
- 2000 - Fred Elliott takes a lease on a unit in Victoria Street to be able to move his butcher's shop there. Toyah Battersby starts as a barmaid at the Rovers.
- 2005 - Les Battersby proposes on bended knee to Cilla Brown in the Rovers.
- 2013 - Katy Armstrong leaves Chesney Brown when he insensitively invites Tyrone Dobbs and Fiz Stape to a romantic dinner Katy had planned.
Episodes were broadcast on 28th August on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972, 1974, 1978
- 1980s - 1985, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2013, 2015 (I) (II), 2017 (I) (II)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.