Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1961 - Billy Walker returns from National Service.
- 1964 - First appearance of Irma Ogden. Parents Hilda and Stan will follow later in the year.
- 1965 - Ena Sharples and Elsie Tanner row in the Street when Ena tries to evict the Tanners from No. 11.
- 1971 - Valerie Barlow is electrocuted by a faulty plug in her home and killed instantly. while husband Ken and the other residents wait for her at the Barlows farewell party in the Rovers.
- 1986 - Kevin Webster splashes Sally Seddon with his van when she is on her way to a job interview. He takes her back to Coronation Street to dry and they agree to a date.
- 1999 - Martin Platt gets the job of Assistant Manager at Weatherfield Vale - an old folk's home.
- 2003 - At Maxine Peacock's funeral, Richard Hillman moves the congregation with a speech about Maxine.
- 2014 - Roy Cropper admits to Fiz Stape that Hayley took her own life, to spare herself the final stages of her pancreatic cancer. Fiz is initially angry at not being told but comes to terms with it and supports Roy, who also disapproved of Hayley's decision.
- 2016 - Audrey Roberts suffers chest pains and tells Ken she loves him. Rita Tanner meets Jenny Bradley, seven months after she was arrested for kidnapping Jack Webster.
- 1922 - Betty Alberge (Florrie Lindley) born.
- 1961 - First appearance of Billy Walker. Emily Nugent (later Bishop) debuts in the same episode, credited as "Miss Nugent" until 1969.
- 1986 - First appearance of Sally Seddon (later Metcalfe).
Episodes were broadcast on 27th January on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1964, 1965, 1969
- 1970s - 1971, 1975
- 1980s - 1982, 1986, 1988
- 1990s - 1992, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2002, 2003 (I) (II), 2006
- 2010s - 2011, 2012 (I) (II), 2014 (I) (II), 2016, 2017 (I) (II)
- Turn out the Lights - The Happy Medium (1967 - all ITV regions except Associated Rediffusion, Tyne Tees Television and Teledu Cymru)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.