Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1924 - Alan Howard born.
- 1940 - Sheila Birtles born.
- 1962 - The Street's residents go on various outings for Easter Monday.
- 1969 - Annie Walker annoys the Rovers' customers by being nice to them in the hope that one of them will nominate her for the "Perfect Landlady" competition. Ray Langton duly obliges.
- 1980 - Pet shop owner Arnold Swain asks Emily Bishop to look over his books.
- 1986 - Audrey Roberts opens a hair-dressing salon in No.11. Ada Arrowsmith dies in hospital.
- 1993 - Andy McDonald discovers that girlfriend Amy Nelson is the mother of a young child.
- 1999 - Roy Cropper and Hayley Patterson are married for the first time in a ceremony not recognised in law.
- 2004 - Maya Sharma anonymously gives a Great Dane puppy - Schmeichel - to Tyrone Dobbs.
- 2008 - Paul Clayton demands that Leanne Battersby gives him all of the money from her insurance scam or he'll report her to the police.
- 2010 - Sian Powers responds to her friend Sophie Webster's interest in her and they decide to begin a relationship.
- 2014 - Rob Donovan and Tracy Barlow become engaged.
- 1962 - First appearance of a character otherwise unseen during the Equity actors' strike with the return of Jennifer Moss as Lucille Hewitt to the programme.
- 1980 - First appearance of Arnold Swain.
Episodes were broadcast on 23rd April on the following years:
- 1960s - 1962, 1969
- 1970s - 1973, 1975, 1979
- 1980s - 1980, 1984, 1986
- 1990s - 1990, 1993, 1997, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007 (I) (II), 2008
- 2010s - 2010 (I) (II), 2012 (I) (II), 2014, 2018 (I) (II)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.