Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1966 - Dennis Tanner is confronted by heavies over money he owes. Dave Smith offers to pay Dennis's debts if Elsie Tanner becomes his mistress, but Elsie refuses.
- 1981 - Alma Sedgewick first appears, as she tries to run Jim's Cafe single-handedly and takes on Elsie Tanner as staff to help out.
- 1983 - Suzie Birchall tries to seduce her friend Gail Tilsley's husband Brian, but he rejects her advances.
- 2009 - Fiz Brown proposes to John Stape via the prison surveillance cameras, while John serves a custodial sentence. He is allowed to see Fiz and accepts her proposal.
- 2015 - Miley Windass's christening is called off mid-ceremony when Faye cracks under the pressure of motherhood and walks off.
- 1943 - Judith Barker (Janet Barlow) born.
- 1970 - Granada Television technicians belonging to the ACTT (Association of Cinematograph Television and Allied Technicians) Union end their strike which had commenced on 26th May in support of a 12% pay rise. The strike only affected Granada - the rest of the ITV network carried on as usual but without any Granada programmes, including Coronation Street. The dispute had actually been called off on Saturday 20th June but it took until this date for the service to be resumed, which it did at 2.35pm.
Episodes were broadcast on 22nd June on the following years:
- 1960s - 1964, 1966
- 1970s - 1977
- 1980s - 1981, 1983, 1987, 1988
- 1990s - 1990, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2015 (I) (II), 2018
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.