Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1958 - Owen Armstrong is born.
- 1964 - Ed Bailey is born.
- 1965 - Elsie Tanner runs away from the scene of the car crash with the dead Robert Maxwell.
- 1971 - Realising that Frank Bradley was behind the mugging of Lucille Hewitt and the theft of the Betting Shop money she was taking to the bank, Bet Lynch shops him to Dave Smith.
- 1982 - Phyllis Pearce tracks down Chalkie Whitely and grandson Craig to No. 9.
- 1986 - Candice Stowe born.
- 1989 - The residents wake up to the sight of the Community Centre and the factory being knocked down.
- 1995 - Nick Platt changes his name back to "Tilsley" to meet the conditions of Ivy Brennan's will and inherit No. 5.
- 1996 - The Weatherfield Historical Society includes No. 4 on its sight-seeing tour with Mavis Wilton's permission although she is puzzled as to why her house is of historical interest. She is horrified when the tour guide speaks of it as the site of Ernest Bishop's murder in 1978 and his widow Emily overhears the commentary.
- 2000 - Jim McDonald is charged with the manslaughter of Jez Quigley.
- 2004 - Rita Sullivan and Norris Cole go for a meal at Rula Romanoff's house, not realising that they've been invited to a swinger's party.
- 2010 - Nick Tilsley and Natasha Blakeman get engaged. Gail McIntyre finds out that Natasha had an abortion a month ago and is pretending to still be pregnant to hold onto Nick.
- 2019 - James Bailey confesses to Bethany Platt that he's secretly gay but his brother Michael overhears one of their conversations.
- 1967 - Episode 702 which featured Elsie Tanner's wedding to Steve Tanner and was shown two weeks earlier on 6th September is repeated in five ITV regions at 9.00pm under the title of Coronation Street - Wedding of the Year. This is only the second time that an episode of the programme is repeated, the first time being on 10th February 1961 when Episode 1 is given another showing due to strike action.
- 1986 - Writer Dennis Spooner dies.
- 1982 - First appearance of Phyllis Pearce.
Episodes were broadcast on 20th September on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1965, 1967
- 1970s - 1971, 1972, 1976, 1978
- 1980s - 1982, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004 (I) (II), 2006
- 2010s - 2010 (I) (II), 2013 (I) (II), 2017 (I) (II), 2019
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.