The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- 1st January - Waking up hungover on New Year's Day, Tracy McDonald is appalled to realise she slept with Paula Martin.
- 6th January - Set up by John Stape's daughter, Jade Rowan, Hope and Ruby Dobbs are removed from the care of Fiz Stape and Tyrone Dobbs on suspicion of supposed physical abuse.
- 8th January - Josh Tucker is sentenced to 15 years in prison for two counts of rape.
- 15th January - Geoff Metcalfe's gaslighting of wife Yasmeen continues when he persuades her that she has an alcohol problem and makes her surrender her bank cards to him.
- 17th January - Emerging from her coma after the Christmas Day shooting, Shona Platt fails to recognise any members of her family.
- 20th January - 5 Coronation Street is apparently set on fire by vigilantes who are after child abuser Kel Hinchley after Bernie Winter exposed him on social media.
- 22nd January - Hope runs away from home wanting to be with Jade. She is returned safely but Fiz, thinking that Jade snatched her, beats her to the floor with a chopping board.
- 27th January - Bertie Osbourne is diagnosed with measles after his father Daniel fails to have him properly vaccinated.
- 29th January - Maria Connor has a miscarriage after contracting measles from Bertie Osbourne.
- 7th February - Rita Tanner learns her estranged husband Dennis has died when his ashes are delivered to her. Ken Barlow decides to move away from Coronation Street.
- 14th February - Abi Franklin torches Ray Crosby's car after he admits to coercing women in his employ into having sex with him. Maria Connor cheats on Gary Windass with Ali Neeson on the same day that Gary proposes to her.
- 19th February - James Bailey comes out to his father, Ed, who initially says he supports him, but who later actions show he is having troubled coming to terms with the revelation.
- 21st February - Gemma Winter and Chesney Brown are told that their baby son Aled has a permanent profound hearing loss.
- 2nd March - Adam Barlow and Sarah Platt are married.
- 4th March - Realising that Daniel is still in love with his dead wife Sinead, Bethany Platt departs for a new life in London.
- 13th March - Ken Barlow moves out of 1 Coronation Street and into Stillwaters retirement home. Ali Neeson leaves Weatherfield to get away from Gary Windass and Maria Connor.
- 2nd April - After fifteen years of living with the Barlows, Eccles is put down when the vet discovers a tumour has spread throughout her body.
- 6th April - Kelly Neelan maliciously shares a dirty video of Asha Alahan recorded by Corey Brent with all of their schoolfriends on a text messenger groupchat.
- 8th April - Ken breaks up with Claudia Colby and moves out of Stillwaters retirement home, moving back to Coronation Street.
- 13th April - After months of domestic abuse, Yasmeen breaks and stabs Geoff in the neck with a broken wine bottle.
- 15th April - As Geoff recovers from his injuries, Yasmeen is charged with attempted murder.
- 17th April - Oliver Battersby is rushed to hospital after suffering the latest in a mysterious set of fits.
- 22nd April - Ed Bailey publicly challenges Viaduct Bistro manager Don over racist remarks aimed at the Bailey family.
- 27th April - Shona makes a return after four months away recovering from her coma but fails to recognise anything or anyone in the street.
- 11th May - Oliver Battersby is diagnosed with an incurable form of mitochondrial disease.
- 20th August - Gary Windass marries Maria Connor.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.