Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1965 - Lucille Hewitt starts work as a researcher at Marshall's Cotton Mill.
- 1991 - Don Brennan begins an affair with Julie Dewhurst.
- 1999 - Sharon Gaskell and Ian Bentley get married.
- 2000 - Having accepted Fred Elliott's marriage proposal, Audrey Roberts realises she doesn't want to marry him and turns him down. Curly Watts proposes to Emma Taylor in Paris, she accepts.
- 2010 - Steve McDonald pays Kylie Turner £20,000 so that she will hand her son Max over to him and wife Becky.
- 2013 - Faye Windass delays her Halloween party on the orders of her "best friend" Grace Piper.
- 2017 - Rita Tanner is given the all-clear after her brain tumour operation.
- 2019 - Steve threatens Ali Neeson with negligence after he dismisses Emma Brooker's stomach complaints and she suffers a ruptured appendix.
- 1961 - The Equity actors' strike began. This reduced the total cast down to just thirteen characters at one point but ensured the popularity of the programme as it was ITV's only drama still being produced. The strike was called off on 3rd April 1962.
- 1999 - Last appearance of Maud Grimes.
- 2004 - Granada Plus abruptly ceases transmission at 4:30pm (with no prior notice given to viewers), bringing the run of Coronation Street episodes under the Classic Coronation Street banner to a sudden end.
- 2010 - Release of Coronation Street: A Knight's Tale, the fifth of the programme's "straight to video/DVD" productions.
- 2015 - Stephen Hancock (Ernest Bishop) dies.
Episodes were broadcast on 1st November on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1965, 1967
- 1970s - 1971, 1972, 1976, 1978
- 1980s - 1982, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2004 (I) (II), 2006
- 2010s - 2010 (I) (II), 2013 (I) (II), 2017 (I) (II), 2019
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.