Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1961 - Ena Sharples goes to the Town Hall to complain and sees a notice about the proposed demolition of Coronation Street.
- 1972 - Maggie Clegg buys Irma Barlow's share of the Corner Shop when Irma decides to stay in Wales. She once again owns the business outright.
- 1982 - Len and Rita Fairclough foster Sharon Gaskell.
- 1989 - Alan Bradley makes a pass at his secretary Dawn Prescott and gets angry when she doesn't reciprocate. Dawn escapes before he can rape her.
- 1991 - Jenny Bradley leaves the Street.
- 1995 - Reg Holdsworth spends £300 on a hair piece.
- 2010 - Becky McDonald has a miscarriage.
- 2012 - Lewis Archer is given 20 hours of community service for stealing £4,000 from Barlow's Bookies in 2010, although he recently returned the money.
- 1905 - Doris Hare (Alice Pickins) born. Miss Hare also played Minnie Caldwell in the unbroadcast dry run of Episode 3 in 1960.
- 1937 - Anne Cunningham (Linda Cheveski) born.
- 2016 - Tony Warren, the creator of Coronation Street, dies after a short illness.
- 2018 - Coronation Street breaks the record previously held by the US soap Guiding Light and becomes the longest-running television drama ever made.
Episodes were broadcast on 1st March on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1965, 1967
- 1970s - 1971, 1972, 1976, 1978
- 1980s - 1982, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2004 (I) (II), 2006
- 2010s - 2010 (I) (II), 2012, 2013 (I) (II), 2017, 2019
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|