- Albert Tatlock retires.
- 22nd February - Tricia Marsden (later Armstrong) is born.
- April - Dennis Tanner and Jed Stone are sent to a borstal for six months for breaking into a newsagent's.
- 11th April - Joe McIntyre is born.
- 20th May - Danny Baldwin is born.
- August - Concepta Riley moves into the Rovers Return Inn and starts work there as a barmaid.
- 11th September - Lesley Kershaw is born.
- October - Dennis Tanner is released from Borstal.
- November - Ted and Amy Gibson leave Coronation Street, giving up the tenancy of No.9 after winning £20,000 and deciding to move.
- 9th December - Florrie Lindley takes over the Corner Shop as Elsie Lappin retires to Knott End.
- 14th December - First appearances of Jack Walker, Martha Longhurst, Minnie Caldwell, Esther Hayes, Christine Hardman, Ivan Cheveski and Harry Hewitt.
- 16th December - May Hardman returns to 13 Coronation Street after a nervous breakdown. First appearance of Leonard Swindley.
- 21st December - Ena Sharples collapses during an argument with Leonard Swindley. First appearance of Lucille Hewitt.
- 23rd December - First appearances of Concepta Riley and Vera Lomax. Ena Sharples is first seen wearing a hairnet.
- 28th December - May Hardman complains of head pains but daughter Christine thinks that she’s attention seeking. In the dead of the night, Ena Sharples discharges herself from hospital.
- 30th December - May Hardman dies of a brain tumour after suffering headaches in No.13, having recently returned from a psychiatric hospital.
|←1959 1960 1961→|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.