Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1949 - Dickie Fleming born.
- 1961 - Leo and Mario Bonarti have their grand opening of their cafe on Rosamund Street but Ena Sharples boycotts the event as she doesn't want to eat "Italian muck".
- 1963 - Dennis Tanner signs up singer Walter Potts and renames him "Brett Falcon".
- 1974 - The Hopkins family officially take over the Corner Shop.
- 1985 - Andrea Clayton confesses to her parents that she is pregnant with Terry Duckworth's baby.
- 1992 - Curly Watts purchases No.7 from Rita Sullivan.
- 1995 - Deirdre Rachid moves into one of Mike Baldwin's flats at 5 Crimea Street.
- 1996 - Samantha Failsworth is taken on as a barmaid at the Rovers (First appearance of the character).
- 1998 - Sally Webster and Greg Kelly begin an affair.
- 2005 - Warren Baldwin moves to Spain to play football there.
- 2006 - Birth of Freddie Peacock.
- 2009 - After a spat with her husband Ashley, Claire Peacock collapses in No.13. Lloyd Mullaney finds her and phones for an ambulance. In hospital, Ashley is shocked to find out that Claire was pregnant and has lost the baby - she didn't tell him that she was pregnant.
- 2015 - Leanne Tilsley tells Liz McDonald the truth about Dan Jones and their past. Liz publicly confronts Dan before she breaks up with him.
- 1968 - Jane Hazlegrove (Sue Clayton) born.
- 1970 - Tyne Tees Television begins Colour broadcasts. Episode 990 (20th July 1970) is the first episode of the programme to be shown in colour in the region.
- 1971 - Matthew Crompton (Dan Mason) born.
Episodes were broadcast on 17th July on the following years:
- 1960s - 1961, 1963, 1967, 1968
- 1970s - 1972, 1974, 1978
- 1980s - 1985, 1989
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006 (I) (II), 2009 (I) (II)
- 2010s - 2013, 2015 (I) (II), 2017 (I) (II)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|