Coronation Street historyEdit
- 1964 - During a party in the Rovers, Martha Longhurst dies of a heart attack alone in the snug.
- 1970 - Her marriage to Dickie in tatters, Audrey Fleming leaves the Street and returns to her parents in Preston.
- 1981 - Fred Gee and Eunice Nuttall are married.
- 1987 - After the stress of losing his election to Deirdre Barlow, Alf Roberts suffers a major heart attack in No.11.
- 1998 - Liz and Steve McDonald are told that Jim may never walk again after his accident.
- 2001 - Maria Sutherland moves into No.9 to be with Tyrone Dobbs even though her arrival is unexpected by the Duckworths.
- 2011 - Rosie Webster dumps Jason Grimshaw over a bet Jason made with Tommy Duckworth that he could split up Sophie Webster and Sian Powers. A homeless Dennis Tanner reunites with his old flame Rita Sullivan, and moves in with her until he gets back on his feet.
- 2016 - Carla Connor and her hens (Beth Sutherland, Kate Connor, Michelle Connor, Maria Connor, Sally Metcalfe, Caz Hammond, Gail Rodwell, Kylie Platt and Cathy Matthews) get themselves arrested after causing trouble at a club.
- 1913 - Robert Dorning (Wally Hunt in Pardon the Expression and Turn out the Lights) born.
- 1931 - Harry Driver, Coronation Street writer and storyliner (and also writer and first producer of Pardon the Expression) born.
- 1961 - Coronation Street goes on location for the first time when cast members go to Blackpool to shoot scenes for Episode 46 (22nd May 1961).
- 1970 - Final appearance of Audrey Fleming.
- 2009 - Imogen Moore (the first actress to portray Liam Connor Jr.) is born.
Episodes were broadcast on 13th May on the following years:
- 1960s - 1963, 1964, 1968
- 1970s - 1970, 1974
- 1980s - 1981, 1985, 1987
- 1990s - 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998
- 2000s - 2001, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2009
- 2010s - 2010, 2011 (I) (II), 2013 (I) (II), 2015, 2016 (I) (II), 2019 (I) (II)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.